How does your Licensing Board works?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
NJ doesn't either. Not that I'm surprised...their office staff is completely useless. :15:

Sigh... I wish CA worked just a LITTLE faster. It kills me that I still have 1.5 months to get my results and people are already celebrating their passing scores. Pity party, table for one...

Sigh... I wish CA worked just a LITTLE faster. It kills me that I still have 1.5 months to get my results and people are already celebrating their passing scores. Pity party, table for one...
What reason could the California Board possibly have for being so slow? Their staff and resources should be proportionate to their population, so they should be able to process licenses at a reasonably close pace with the rest of the states. It must be that laid-back Cali attitude that makes them just say, "what's the hurry dude?"

NJ doesn't either. Not that I'm surprised...their office staff is completely useless. :15:
I agree with you, chief. Based on my experience with the NJ board, it is the worst board possible. And looks like they are also understaffed, judging by the amount of time it takes them to do ANYTHING. :waitwall: I just hope to hear from them before I retire and no longer need this stamp. :hung-037: :hung-037:

It must be that laid-back Cali attitude that makes them just say, "what's the hurry dude?"
:laugh: I wish that was the reason. I moved to CA four years ago and any time I have had to deal with any state issue, it has been totally FUBAR. I finished recently convincing the DMV that I no longer owned a car that I had traded in in 2006. They were about to garnish my check for my car tax. I faxed the proof to them about 40 times, literally, and only cleared it up by going to the DMV in person. Nobody ever answers the phone in state offices either. It has got to be the worst bureaucracy in America (I say this as a government employee myself!) so I am not at all surprised that it takes them 2 more months to stick those Seismic/Surveying scantrons in a machine and give us scores. It's still really disappointing though.

OK, I'm done complaining about it though!

Back