Anybody get VT Structual II

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ErikL

Reaction score
Been checking the mail...anybody get results for anything in VT?

Been checking the mail...anybody get results for anything in VT?

ERIK L,

No, I am also waiting the result. I emailed ELES last week asking about the result and they said it might be next week or so. Good Luck

ERIK L,No, I am also waiting the result. I emailed ELES last week asking about the result and they said it might be next week or so. Good Luck

By next week do you mean the week of June 16th or the 23rd? I am awaiting SEII results for Arizona.

By next week do you mean the week of June 16th or the 23rd? I am awaiting SEII results for Arizona.

cldea8,

Below is the story. I emailed them in June 11, 06 and they feed back in the same day. As per Lea's email, we might get the result this week (June 16th) or week after. Good Luck

Structural II has not been released yet by the NCEES. It will likely be another week or so. Once they are released, your result will be emailed to you by ELSES.

Lea Strickland

ELSES Exam Coordinator

[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:06 PM

To: Lea Strickland

Subject: RE: ELSES Feedback Form

Hi Lea,

I am just wondering when I will get the April 08 SE II? My state is WA.

Thanks,

Wagih Ghaly

wmmw,

Thanks for the info. So, you took it in WA? Are the SE III requirements in WA the same as CA? Are they the same exam? It is my understanding that the SE III can only be taken 4 years after your initial PE?

wmmw,
Thanks for the info. So, you took it in WA? Are the SE III requirements in WA the same as CA? Are they the same exam? It is my understanding that the SE III can only be taken 4 years after your initial PE?
cldea8,

I do not know the requirements for SE III in CA. However, as per this link www.dol.wa.gov/forms/651014.pdf which is the application for SE II & SE III, it is not mentioned that you have to have a gap or experience between SE II & SE III. Therefore, I am assuming you can apply for SE III directly after passing SE II.

I know If you passed WA SE III, CAs Board would accept it as an equivalent to CA SE III.

Thanks. I see that WA requires 8 years of experience. This is inline with CA. In CA you get your regular PE (after 4 years) and then 4 years following you may take the SEII and SEIII to become a structural engineer. I am in MO and took the SE II in AZ with only 3.5 years of experience. It looks like I will need to wait a while to take the SE III.

Thanks. I see that WA requires 8 years of experience. This is inline with CA. In CA you get your regular PE (after 4 years) and then 4 years following you may take the SEII and SEIII to become a structural engineer. I am in MO and took the SE II in AZ with only 3.5 years of experience. It looks like I will need to wait a while to take the SE III.
I am writing the SEII exam in October (via AZ) and should I pass I will take the WA SEIII exam in BC (I live in Canada) because they have an agreement with WA that they are allowed to administer the exam to candidates even if they don't meet all of the licensing requirements at the time of the exam (i.e. not enough experience). License is granted after all requirements have been fulfilled, as they don't care about which order you go in (similar to AZ).

So, if flying up to Vancouver (they can't proctor) is an option to you, you may want to consider that route....

And if you write the exam with APEGBC and pass, WA will accept your pass.

This assumes I have read the information properly and understood it. (*edit: I will give them a call tomorrow and get clarification.)

Link to APEGBC's Struct Eng. designation

http://www.apeg.bc.ca/reg/structeng.html

Link to APEGBC's agreement with WA (see page 8)

http://www.apeg.bc.ca/reg/docs/structengappguide.pdf

For me, I want BC's Struct. Eng. designation, but it can't be transferred to WA without doing the SEII, so I might as well write a few extra exams so I can get them both.

Last edited by a moderator:
cldea8,Below is the story. I emailed them in June 11, 06 and they feed back in the same day. As per Lea's email, we might get the result this week (June 16th) or week after. Good Luck

Structural II has not been released yet by the NCEES. It will likely be another week or so. Once they are released, your result will be emailed to you by ELSES.

Lea Strickland

ELSES Exam Coordinator

[email protected]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Wednesday, June 11, 2008 4:06 PM

To: Lea Strickland

Subject: RE: ELSES Feedback Form

Hi Lea,

I am just wondering when I will get the April 08 SE II? My state is WA.

Thanks,

Wagih Ghaly
The NCEES website just posted the STR II pass rates. 56% for first-timers. 32% repeaters. Should come ANY DAY NOW!

The NCEES website just posted the STR II pass rates. 56% for first-timers. 32% repeaters. Should come ANY DAY NOW!
Did you get your result? I think we should get it within two days.

Back