Civil Construction PE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
D

Dexman1349

I just wanted to see how many people took the Construction depth and passed. Most of the people I've seen with passing letters are for WR/ENV, and not too many others.

I was successful in passing the Construction depth, anyone else?

Edit: Could a mod or admin move this to the Construction section. My apologies for posting in the wrong forum.

Last edited:
We may have to wait atleast few more weeks to hear from the other people.

I passed the construction module. I design bridges, so I'm not familiar with most of the codes required on the structural exam. I decided to take the construction exam instead, and it paid off.

Yeah, I work in land development. Just enough water resources and transportation to know that I'm no good at it, I had no idea on the Structural or Geotech, and my first 2 years of experience was in construction. I figured it was my best chance.

I passed the Civil Construction PE Nevada Las Vegas 2nd try. My 1st try last Oct Civil Geotech failed I got 64 and was frustrated can't figure out how was the scoring.

I'm in PA and have not received results yet. (6/19/08).

I took the water resources the first time I took the exam - No luck.

I took the wastewater/environmental the next 2 times - also w/ no luck (but closer!)

This time I was planning on taking WW/Envir. but on the spot switched to the Construction. I guess we'll see. Here's hoping!!!

I took Construction PE first try this time and passed. I have been doing construction inspection for 5 years now.

I took the Construction exam and passed. I'm in Alaska, doing construction design/inspection for the State (in highways 4-years and in "vertical construction" for past 2-years).

It was about what I expected...I spent extra study time on scheduling and economics. Also took every reference recommended for Construction...I went heavy on books, but was glad when I had the answers at my fingertips. I walked out feeling very confident. I had a lot of field experience with geotech, concrete and steel which also helped.

I passed the construction module. I design bridges, so I'm not familiar with most of the codes required on the structural exam. I decided to take the construction exam instead, and it paid off.

I am debating what to take construction/transpo. I do not have much transpo experience but I know lot of stuff. I have mix experience with bridge design and highway design.

What were the questions like in construction module. What areas needs to be stressed on?

Any helpful hints appreciated

I am debating what to take construction/transpo. I do not have much transpo experience but I know lot of stuff. I have mix experience with bridge design and highway design.

What were the questions like in construction module. What areas needs to be stressed on?

Any helpful hints appreciated

I took the Construction portion in the Falll (2008). I have not heard back yet.

I was very book heavy in the exam, I had all of the reference materials listed plus most of my college texts/notes. I used most of them. I was very nice to have the answers for some of the questions dealing with code/regulations right in the books.

I do have some ideas based on my experience on how to improve the available study materials. I am not sure I will post them here though due to the ethic statement we signed saying not to disclose the exam questions/topics. I will think about that some more, maybe after Christmas some time.

I will update when I get my results back.

I just wanted to see how many people took the Construction depth and passed. Most of the people I've seen with passing letters are for WR/ENV, and not too many others.
I was successful in passing the Construction depth, anyone else?

Edit: Could a mod or admin move this to the Construction section. My apologies for posting in the wrong forum.
Hello Dexman,

Did you post about the MUTCD on this site? I am wondering how to get part 6 as I wen to the site and I could not find it?

Plz send help.

Thanks

Don't worry too much; there's plenty of time.

Last edited by a moderator:
Construction PE in VA, Passed on first try

:drunk:
How was the construction depth when you took the exam. Do I need so many codes. I am a certified construction manager and I have PMP and has been doing engineering inspections for so many years. Somebody told me that construction depth is difficult. Is that true?

Sam

How was the construction depth when you took the exam. Do I need so many codes. I am a certified construction manager and I have PMP and has been doing engineering inspections for so many years. Somebody told me that construction depth is difficult. Is that true?

Sam
I wouldn't say very difficult- but multi-step with lots of contributing parts (i.e. a efficiency problem that involves both engineering economics and material or equipment selection). I finished with 90 minutes to spare on the afternoon, but took every last minute in the morning. I failed my first attempt last year, btu passed this spring with some additional resources that really helped-

Civil Engineering All-In-One PE Exam Guide: Breadth and Depth by Indranil Goswami was wonderful

and Construction Methods and Management (7th Edition) by Stephens W. Nunnally was very helpful in the afternoon portion- I would definitely recommend them both (actually I'll be selling both used along with all of my other construction resource books after I settle into my new house next week if anyone is interested.) The Rawan book is good- but Nunnally was a much more complete resource even though it isn't designed for the PE exam. Some examples in the book looked almost identical to problems in the PM portion of the Civil Construction PE.

I am interested in the material you have for PE Construction PM. Please send me the detail name list of the books you have at [email protected]. Thanks..............

Sam
I wouldn't say very difficult- but multi-step with lots of contributing parts (i.e. a efficiency problem that involves both engineering economics and material or equipment selection). I finished with 90 minutes to spare on the afternoon, but took every last minute in the morning. I failed my first attempt last year, btu passed this spring with some additional resources that really helped-

Civil Engineering All-In-One PE Exam Guide: Breadth and Depth by Indranil Goswami was wonderful

and Construction Methods and Management (7th Edition) by Stephens W. Nunnally was very helpful in the afternoon portion- I would definitely recommend them both (actually I'll be selling both used along with all of my other construction resource books after I settle into my new house next week if anyone is interested.) The Rawan book is good- but Nunnally was a much more complete resource even though it isn't designed for the PE exam. Some examples in the book looked almost identical to problems in the PM portion of the Civil Construction PE.

Back