What about CA

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PEGILL

Reaction score
Is this true we in CA will not know our results until august?

While the rest of states in USA are already in process of releasing their results.

Isn't this unfair advantage to some who know already that they failed and they can start studying in subject matter they lacked in last attempt to those like us in CA who has no idea if we failed or past?

Yes it is an unfair advantage, but so is having beaches the length of your state.

Is this true we in CA will not know our results until august?
While the rest of states in USA are already in process of releasing their results.

Isn't this unfair advantage to some who know already that they failed and they can start studying in subject matter they lacked in last attempt to those like us in CA who has no idea if we failed or past?
It is true and I hate it for the CA people.

Well, you can assume the worst and start studying just in case... some light engineering reading in your free time...

ADOPTION OF THE APRIL 2008 EXAMINATION RESULTS

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES WILL RESULTS BE GIVEN OUT BY TELEPHONE OR E-MAIL.

Results of the examinations are not released until after the Board has adopted the passing score (or cutscore) for each examination at one of its regularly-scheduled meetings.

Anticipated Schedule of Adoption of the Cutscores

July 31, 2008, Board Meeting

Engineer-in-Training (EIT) and Land Surveyor-in-Training (LSIT) Examinations

Chemical, Civil, Electrical, Mechanical, and National Structural II Professional Engineer Examinations

Professional Land Surveyor (National and California State-Specific) Examinations

WHY CAN'T THE CA BOARD MEET EARLIER THAN JULY 31'ST? THIS IS WAHT I FOUND IN CA BOARD WEBSITE.

last year. Again CA is the last state.

South Carolina - 6/09/2007

Ohio - 6/11/2007

Vermont - 6/11/2007

Utah - 6/12/2007

West Virginia - 6/13/2007

Mississippi - 6/13/2007

Arkansas - 6/13/2007

Washington - 6/13/2007

Missouri - 6/14/2007

Florida - 6/14/2007

Alabama - 6/15/2007

Texas - 6/15/2007

Lousiana - 6/15/2007

Nevada - 6/15/2007

Michigan - 6/16/2007

Delaware - 6/16/2007

North Carolina - 6/18/2007

Kentucky - 6/18/2007

Arizona - 6/18/2007

Idaho - 6/19/2007

Alaska - 6/19/2007

Georgia - 6/19/2007

Tennessee - 6/20/2007

Minnesota - 6/20/2007

Washington D.C. - 6/21/2007

Connecticut - 6/21/2007

Kansas - 6/22/2007

New Hampshire - 6/22/2007

Rhode Island - 6/22/2007

Hawaii - 6/23/2007

New Jersey - 6/25/2007

New Mexico - 6/25/2007

Puerto Rico - 6/25/2007

Maine - 6/25/2007

Virginia - 6/26/2007

Oregon - 6/27/2007

Pennsylvania - 6/28/2007

Iowa - 6/28/2007

Illinois - 6/29/2007

Massachussets - 6/29/2007

New York - 6/29/2007

Wisconsin - 7/2/2007

Maryland - 7/3/2007

California - 8/06/2007

blah blah... you are all forgetting a very important difference. CA doesnt require a PE to have the normal 4 yrs of experience... meaning that actually you are getting it a little shy of 2 years SOONER than the rest of us... stop crying... i have no pity for you guys... CA is a totally messed up state, all the buracracy is crazy and getting worse, makes everyone's lives bad. the people out there designing your home have less experience and thus would not qualify to be a PE in any other state, yea thats where i want to live...... but on the plus side, like has been mentioned - it has a long coastal line.

I am so sorry for CA. I think they should refrain from looking here cause seeing other states getting their results and they have to wait another 60 days. WOW !!!!!!!

Sorry, Cali folks. I wish I could say I feel sorry for you but I DON'T! California thinks that by getting all of their refined goods shipped in that they are reducing pollution. Wrong you are actually increasing it. Power produced outside of California is not "green" power. Do you have a second mortgage for $1.5 million on a house that is now worth half that. FYI... it wasn't worth that to begin with. California and it's backwards, counterproductive ways have brought down this country's economy and thus should secceed (sp) from the US and then see how long you can make it without us.

^dude... what is this rip on cali thread?

Like Louisiana is doing that great.

A quick lesson in econ: its worth what someone will pay for it.

Subprime lending was not limited to California that was a nation wide thing...

Someone from Louisiana calling Cali backwards... yeah, have fun in your swamp (I've seen Southern Comfort) I know what you wierdos are into.

Oh yeah... if we succeed, our film, farming and shipping industries will more than support us. Do you know the quantity of goods that are imported through the ports of Long Beach and LA alone? the rest of the country would be fucked with out us. (Before you bring up that the port of south Louisiana is the largest in the western hemisphere, think about this... how many ships from china are coming in to that port? where would you get those beads for mardi gras with no chinese imports? no beads no boobs... and with out boobs, all New Orleans has is crappy food and crappier music.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Boy o boy....

It was just a simple question regarding results in CA? And, it is turning into political issue. I like it, specially being an election year. Everybody is allowed to express their thoughts and views on CA sad economic state right now and how CA policies are affecting the USA as a whole. But, I believe that can be done at million other political blog sites. Please keep this place only to be critical of technical aspects of engineering fields. We build stuff, we don't make policies. Legislator selected by people make policies and we as engineers working for government implement them .

And, regarding only 2 year experience as compared to 4 years of experience in some other states. I do believe we have one of the biggest infrastructure than any place else in USA . Also, being more sustainable if you can visit USGBC website, the maximum number of LEED (Green Building) being designed are in CA. And one of biggest requirements in LEED building design is regional materials, within 500 mile radius. So, I guess we will be not be bothering other states anymore for stuff in future.

Having lived in 6 states, I have some perspective on this one. In California, you take it 2 years earlier because you have to take 2 more tests. Quit bitching about it. There's nothing saying you can't go take your exam there, EARLY, and then apply it in your state the day you get your experience.

Because of the crazy bureaucracy, it has some of the best building codes in the country. I'd rather have a 2 year PE out of CA stamp my home than a 4 year out of another state that isn't required to know the same amount about building requirements. But again, that's why I don't hire EEs to do my Civil work.

"California thinks that by getting all of their refined goods shipped in that they are reducing pollution." Please reference this point, and who exactly is "California" in your statement?

"Power produced outside of California is not "green" power." No ****, really?

"Do you have a second mortgage for $1.5 million on a house that is now worth half that. FYI... it wasn't worth that to begin with." No, I never did that. I'm more responsible than that, and so are my friends, but thanks for assuming.

"California and it's backwards, counterproductive ways have brought down this country's economy" Really? Oil speculation, idiots that can't read mortgage papers, and a general lack of respect for natural resources hasn't contributed to this at all? I fail to see the connection between how California, who has been ahead of the rest of the US in emissions and therefore public transportation (and **** sure Louisiana) is backwards and is bringing down the economy.

"should secceed (sp) from the US and then see how long you can make it without us." perhaps another hurricane will come along and will secede Louisiana from the US. Clearly, since everyone in a state thinks exactly alike, you forward-thinkers down in Louisiana can handle everything all on your own. Try not living behind a **** levee and under sea level and wasting my tax dollars trying to rebuild your swamp.

^dude... what is this rip on cali thread?
Like Louisiana is doing that great.

A quick lesson in econ: its worth what someone will pay for it.

Subprime lending was not limited to California that was a nation wide thing...

Someone from Louisiana calling Cali backwards... yeah, have fun in your swamp (I've seen Southern Comfort) I know what you wierdos are into.

Oh yeah... if we succeed, our film, farming and shipping industries will more than support us. Do you know the quantity of goods that are imported through the ports of Long Beach and LA alone? the rest of the country would be fucked with out us. (Before you bring up that the port of south Louisiana is the largest in the western hemisphere, think about this... how many ships from china are coming in to that port? where would you get those beads for mardi gras with no chinese imports? no beads no boobs... and with out boobs, all New Orleans has is crappy food and crappier music.)
1) California was most affected by the housing woes

2) Louisiana is among the fastest growing economies in the nation

3) Film industry is starting to branch out to other parts of the country and doesn't need Cali anymore. We will form our own non-liberal biased media too.

4) We would be fine without your ports because alot of those goods are used in California. Besides that, if we didn't have your imported goods it would further bolster our own economy. We would also have to expand the port and that would mean more work in engineering and construction. Also better the economy.

Hey maybe you can beome part of China. You could be like another Tibet for them. I love to hate the west coast. It probably all stems from an aunt, that I can't stand, that lives there. It just changes you into a snob and you think you are better than the rest of the country.

actually there is at least one state that will make you retake the PE exam if you took it before you had all 4 yrs of experience. so to them, your CA pe means nothing.

agreed there are far more rules in CA. in my opinion, however, this is blarney that increases the time it takes to get projects done, which hurt our bottomline. while the rest of the country has the NEC and IECC, CA has spent state tax dollars coming up with their own codes, programs, etc, that everyone must use on CA projects.

perhaps, if they looked at it purely as a limited scope of a building operating cost standpoint they are doing better, but if they look at it all encompassing of the extra overhead all contractors and engineers must endure to get the building there, addition state reviewing, etc... it starts to loose its energy savings. cheers. :deadhorse:

I'll give my opinion. I moved last year from CA to Baton Rouge just because they offered me a good amount of money. I am moving to Texas probably this or next month. What the hell is up with this state? No amount of money is enough to put up with this s@#$ hole. Corrupt politicians, terrible swampy expensive real estate (for what you get). Add also they are SOOOO proud of their food-Louisiana food SUCKS, this is the CRAPPIEST PLACED I HAVE EVER LIVED IN. Sorry I had to get that out there...

Back