Trailblazer SS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bellebot

Reaction score
Hey-

Just wondering if anyone out there knows anything from personal experience with these vehicles, or from word of mouth from someone they know that has one?

I am looking at these, and I love everything about them.....OK....maybe just the Corvette-derived 390 HP V8, but that is about everything anyways!

Reading the forum dedicated to these vehicles, people that own them generally love them, but some complain about alot of maintenance, others say theirs have had no problems. I just want to get some engineer insight! :unitedstates:

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
I have an 04' TrailBlazer with the 5.3 Liter High Output V8

Mine only does 305 HP / 330 Ft-lb and is wicked for an SUV, I would love to have the SS.

The SS is pulling 400 HP and has the wheels and handling package.

Last edited by a moderator:
When oil is at $300 per barrel and gas is over $10 a gallon, will it seem like a good purchase?
You've got it all wrong. This particular model runs on happiness, lollipops and rainbows. :)

When oil is at $300 per barrel and gas is over $10 a gallon, will it seem like a good purchase?
That's not something I worry about. If it ever did get that high, which I doubt it will, the market will find alternatives.

That's not something I worry about. If it ever did get that high, which I doubt it will, the market will find alternatives.
That is one of the reasons that I think that high oil prices are a good thing in the long run. They will drive us to be more efficient and to alternate sources of energy. It is kind of scary that we have developed our entire society mostly around one source of energy.

I'm looking at trading my TB in today for an SS.

It has the 6.0L 400+ HP LS2 Vette engine in it, with 20" factory rims, and it's loaded.

I may have to pull the trigger.

chevy_trailblazer_ss_x0_194.jpg

That's a BAAAAAAAAD truck with SO much potential. If you want an SUV that can go fast, with low end beans, and can stop as well as it goes, this is the one. Of course, throw in $1000 for heads/cam and you're going mid 12's in the 1/4 mile. :happy:

I wonder what they are going for used...
Not much cheaper than new. The people who are willing to sink the cash down for one new seem to be more than content to keep them, so I've found used models that haven't been abused few and far between.

i imagine any chevy dealer would salivate at the ability to move one of these (or any vehicle i suppose) - but def anything big or that sucks big gas, yeah, they'll probably totally deal with you. will be curious to hear how much of a deal they give you (should you pull said trigger) :Banane36:

i imagine any chevy dealer would salivate at the ability to move one of these (or any vehicle i suppose) - but def anything big or that sucks big gas, yeah, they'll probably totally deal with you. will be curious to hear how much of a deal they give you (should you pull said trigger) :Banane36:

06's with 30k+ miles are going for right around $20k. '07's or newer are starting around $24k.

I got mine for $17600. By the time I paid tax, tag, title, and had it shipped from the auction house in PA I was at $19k.
I bought mine brand new in 2006 for $24,000 delivered to Portland. I love my truck, and as I only have a 12 mile commute, gas price isn't a big expense. I think the Factory Rebate was $4500 or so at the time.

They retain value pretty well, chuck. You're almost always better off buying new on those.

Back