April 11 2008 PE Exam Results (DPOR VA)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Geotech.PE

iGyaPE
Reaction score
Hello!

I took the April 11 2008 PE Exam at Lynchburg, VA. While I was searching for the possible date of receiving the result of the Exam, I found this website, and I am very excited to find the discussions on the PE Exam result dates. Last time I took the FE Exam in the state of Ohio where I received the result by the end of 7th week of the FE Exam. Now, I would like to hear the progress about the PE Exam result in the state of Virginia. I will appreciate any hint toward such a date or timing.

Thanks.

A GeoCivil Guy: "PoGy"

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello!
I took the April 11 2008 PE Exam at Lynchburg, VA. While I was searching for the possible date of receiving the result of the Exam, I found this website, and I am very excited to find the discussions on the PE Exam result dates. Last time I took the FE Exam in the state of Ohio where I received the result by the end of 7th week of the FE Exam. Now, I would like to hear the progress about the PE Exam result in the state of Virginia. I will appreciate any hint toward such a date or timing.

Thanks.

If you look around in this thread, you should find some historical score release dates from previous spring exams. Whenever you receive your results, be grateful that you're not in California, where it will take us a month later to get results! (sorry to whine...)

Hello!

Thanks.

Check your states board of professional engineers website, Florda Board of Professional Engineers website says that NCEES will mail out pass or fail notices within 60 days of siting for the exam. The retake deadline is June 27th so you should know by then

Check your states board of professional engineers website, Florda Board of Professional Engineers website says that NCEES will mail out pass or fail notices within 60 days of siting for the exam. The retake deadline is June 27th so you should know by then

I emailed my board yesterday, and they said by mid of June they will be expecting the NCEES Results, and they will mail it to us right away.

Using the method of induction is the only way we can satisfy our thirst to know the result. Here is a posting from a different thread that might help us answer this question. The real answer will be the day we receive the actual letter with PASS or FAIL information.

At this moment, I would like know to the state that generally gets the result early? What is the mean time period, and what (number of days) is the standard deviation?

Using the method of induction, my guess is that the mean time of arrival of the result is around 60 days, and standard deviation is around 7 days. Using this information, I will assume that the 99% of the results will be delivered by mean + 2.6 * standard deviation = 60 + 2.6 * 7= 80 days (CA will be the last one [right tail] based on some posting in this forum). I am hoping that VA falls within the average if not on left tail, and it does not need that long time as in CA. Let us keep tracking.

As a guide, you may read the following postings that I copied From a different thread in this forum: April 2008 PE Results Florida State:

QUOTE (rcurras @ Apr 18 2008, 12:44 PM)

If last April 2007, we did the PE exam on 04/20 and we (Florida) received the results around June 14-16, then this time around we should receiving the results earlier (around June 5-7, since the test was on 04/11)?

What do you think?

I think you will be driving yourself crazying trying to out-predict the system.

QUOTE (FL_Civil @ Apr 18 2008, 01:36 PM)

i took the April exam here in FL also. i've heard the re-register date (if you fail) is June 27, so we should know by then at the latest. good luck.

Depending on the grading schedule you may or may not hear before that timeframe. If the reports are delayed, the FBPE will simply the deadline for re-exams to a later, reasonable period.

Best of luck on hearing POSITIVE news!

---

Let me try a range: Lets assume that optimistic mean value is 8 weeks, i.e. 56 days. And standard deviation is 5 working days (1 week real time), optimistic 95% delivery period will be around 72 days i.e. 10th week Saturday. I feel better with this 8 weeks of mean value than 60 days (two months) of mean value. A few lucky states will get result as early as end of the 6th week, and worst case scenario will be around 12th week. Anyway, it is a crazy prediction. Have fun. KWW. --A GeoCivil Guy

Hello!

Thanks.

I passed the October 07 exam in VA, you will find out on DPOR's website a couple days before the letter comes out but you can bet on about 10 weeks at the earliest.

Based on the thread on "Oct 07 VA State PE Exam Results....", I did some research on the PE license Numbers (VA).

The earlier posting in Virginia results (Oct 07) explains that in DPOR VA page you can search for license numbers using wildcard code "*".

0402 is the code for professional engineers in the state of VA. The posting tells that your exam admission card has some trailing numbers which will become your license number upon you pass the exam.

Using this idea, I did some research ....

In search box, I entered the following numbers, and I found following the number of licenses:

0402044* produces 400 licensed engineers.

04020441* produces 080 licensed engineers.

04020442* produces 071 licensed engineers.

04020443* produces 034 licensed engineers.

04020444* produces 009 licensed engineers.

04020445* produces 058 licensed engineers.

04020446* produces 057 licensed engineers.

04020447* produces 012 licensed engineers.

04020448* produces 000 licensed engineers.

Out of the list the following seems to be valuable to us:

04020443* produces 034 licensed engineers.

04020444* produces 009 licensed engineers.

If you look at their dates, it is around Feb 2008. I guess these might be applicants who got PE certification either by comity or .... some other reason (PENDING...).

Most of the numbers licensed in a given 100 series is about 75-90, and it is very similar to the NCEES Pass percentages: 70 % in first trial and 30% in second+third trial = 70 + 30 * 0.3 = 80 %.

Thus, the numbers 34, and 9 in 300 and 400 series tells that these missing numbers are reserved for those who are taking this exam for the first time (based on my intuition using the idea posted in this website somewhere else).

You can keep checking these numbers around 50 days and onwards, and you may find your license number, I guess, before you get the result on your mail box provided you pass the exam. ... Good Luck. GeoCivil "PoGy"

Almost 7 weeks gone after the Exam. If you count from the earlier night that I left home to the exam center, then it is already 7 weeks. Based on the FE Exam results that I received in 2006, it was just at the end of the 8th week (October 28th Exam -- result received in mail on Dec 23: 30+3+23 = 56 / 7 = 8). One more week. Not bad. Excited to :party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting:

I emailed my board yesterday, and they said by mid of June they will be expecting the NCEES Results, and they will mail it to us right away.

My boss is on the board in my state and he called yesterday to check for me and was told the same thing.

:party-smiley-048: :multiplespotting: Just watching who will be the first to break the news and ice together! Finally, we are on 8th week. Don't delay. A lot of excitements.

I got the following message when asked to DPOR VA officer about what is happening to VA 's PE Exam results: VA being "V" is in the bottom of the list. (in the bottom of the list: she meant to get results from its exam admistrator.)

Today being 56th day ..... how many more days?

I got the following message when asked to DPOR VA officer about what is happening to VA 's PE Exam results: VA being "V" is in the bottom of the list. (in the bottom of the list: she meant to get results from its exam admistrator.)
Today being 56th day ..... how many more days?
I apologize that i can't tell you what message board i found this on or the link so you can find it to, it's either this board or the "the other board" one, but i came across a post a week or two ago where someone went back and researched when each state received results based on posts to the board, it included roughly 40 states, virginia was 6/26 towards the bottom of the list. As a comparator, south carolina was first with 6/9. Now, we did take the exam a week earlier this time, but that doesn't mean results will be a week earlier........if that were the case, i would have them today............and my board still has not received them from NCEES.............hope this helps maybe give you a ball park idea...........as sucky as it may be.

I've heard there are some new names on the DPOR website...
GeoCivil: What do you think?
Well, I will check the numbers in the following two hundred category:

04020443* produces 036 licensed engineers. --- It increased from 34 to 36

04020444* produces 009 licensed engineers. --- It remains the same old number 09.

The majority of these two hundreds' missing 64 and 91 candidates, I guess, are the people taking the exam on April 11, 2008.

Last time, the series 04020447* produced 012 Licensed Engineers. While a moment ago, it produced 66 or so. This increase is most probably related to the applicants under comity category (my induction rule says so).

Well, I fall in the series 04020443*. Another basis in my analysis is that the address of the most people in these newly entered series are from outside the state of VA, and they probably applied under COMITY category. So, their application was approved much faster than we examinees. In the parking lot on the exam day, I saw most of the examinees come from VA (based on ther vehicle's number plate, and the conversation we had in our free time). So, the changes in status should bring a flux of Varginian Addresses in the list. So far, only people from outside Virgnia are over-running the list. Let us be optimistic assuming our names do not appear in the new list does not mean that we failed the exam. Lets wait until we get the letter. Let us remain finger crossed.

Wishing every examinee all the best.

GeoCivil

It is unfair..... us: The Virginian Examinees ............. Are we paying the price of having PCS as our exam administrator? PCS People, are you hearing the joy on the other side of the aisle --ELSES monitored states --? Don't ask us to wait another 4 weeks. It is tooooooooooooooooooooooooo much.

GeoCivil, I'm with you... this wait for VA PE results is brutal. Thankfully we're not CA though - I keep reminding myself of that. Unfortunately, I'm down here in Florida and results for Florida test-takers have been released. Having people all around know their results already while I'm still waiting is particularly excruciating.

I got an email back from the board yesterday....Late June or early July. What in the hell is taking so long?

Back