construction depth

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This question comes up with each round of the exam, and the counter questions remain:

What does it matter what the cut score is? Are you going to study more/less if you know? Are you going to not answer the last few questions on the exam if you are confident that the ones you answered provide enough correct answers to pass?

The sooner you stop worrying about the score and get back to working on problems and studying the better off you will be. Trust me.

I apologize if I come across as rude, as it is not my intention. I am merely trying to help you focus on the better side of things as the exam quickly approaches.

(BTW I think the cut score will be: PASS as that is all I got back from my state...)

The cut score was about 53 for the first time they offered the construction test. This was April 2008 test. In order to pass I think I needed to get about 43 correct which I did not come close to. The construction part was okay, I just messed up on everything else! I did not take the test in October. My husband took the Mechanical PE and I got many more correct than he did but he made a much higher score. So, I'm confused about this. So, I am in testmasters once again.

This question comes up with each round of the exam, and the counter questions remain:
What does it matter what the cut score is? Are you going to study more/less if you know? Are you going to not answer the last few questions on the exam if you are confident that the ones you answered provide enough correct answers to pass?

The sooner you stop worrying about the score and get back to working on problems and studying the better off you will be. Trust me.

I apologize if I come across as rude, as it is not my intention. I am merely trying to help you focus on the better side of things as the exam quickly approaches.

(BTW I think the cut score will be: PASS as that is all I got back from my state...)
Great advise!

Back