What color was the pencil?!?!?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
^^^ Also let us know if you felt like the coloring (and/or lettering) had any effect on your performance for the exam!

JR

Red it was - and all caps! How much did you win, VTEnviro?

Personally, I liked the red and certainly wouldn't complain if it helped my performance on the exam. :D Guess we'll see how much it helped in July.

I got a white one...

I will warn you that the erasers aren't that good once they have been in your mouth....

Eww! I can tell you right now that my eraser did NOT end up in my mouth...

To clarify, my pencil had a white background, but the grip, eraser holder, clip, and text were fire engine red. I have a photo I wanted to post, but can't figure out how to get it small enough to upload (it's 188k and has already been majorly cropped).

The eraser worked really well on the answer sheet, but it was crap on the test booklet. I eventually just started crossing out stuff I would have normally erased.

Yeah, mine was red with capital letters. I was disappointed because it's the exact same pencils we got for the FE too. My collection now consists of two identical pencils.

Rumor has it that red and white was chosen as a potential tie in to the upcoming Speed Racer Movie. I heard there was a M hidden in the pencil and Mach 5 is stamped on the inside.

But you know how rumors are.

To clarify, mine was white background with black lettering... but since our exam site only sees one to two people per exam session I am sure they are left overs from previous years. The proctor had a big bag of them...

Mine was brown, and the proctor came over and smacked it out of my hand the first time I put it in my mouth.

:dunno:

To clarify, my pencil had a white background, but the grip, eraser holder, clip, and text were fire engine red.
Ditto, each letter of ncees framed in red squares, so technically the text was white - wondered if i'd have enuff eraser from one pencil for all 8 hrs. . . .(i did)

Thinking on it, they kind of resembled the Red Wings road uni's.

Ditto, each letter of ncees framed in red squares, so technically the text was white - wondered if i'd have enuff eraser from one pencil for all 8 hrs. . . .(i did)Thinking on it, they kind of resembled the Red Wings road uni's.
Watching the game too, are we? GO WINGS!

It would have been funny to have to request an extra pencil because you ran out of eraser instead of lead.

That was mine too and the red lent a sense of urgency to the whole test. Also, in the PM session, I was erasing and my eraser ripped off and all the lead came out. Then I was shuffling trying to put my pencil back together and erasing all the little new pencil marks on my scoring sheet.

Mine was the same as the picture civil-nj posted.

I always found the eraser on those type of mechanical pencils to be deficient. The pencil overall resembles the 0.7 mm Bic "lead" pencils I used in high school.

The eraser performed so poorly on the answer sheet, I remember obsessing on whether or not I erased a bubble completely enough...

Back