Not a Civil Engineer but Taking CPE

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4william

Reaction score
Are there any other engineers on this site taking the civil PE but have a degree in another branch of engineering. I am a Biological Engineer (environmental concentration) taking the Civil PE this April. Are there any others?

I will be some day. My degree will be Surveying Engineering (6 more weeks). I'm taking the FLS this April, and the FE next October. . . job depending, I would like to think i'll be taking the civil PE round about the fall of 2012 (seems a looong way away).

Good luck!

nice post posts guys, good plan, I have BSCivil engineering , MS Engineering i will be writing PE this October. I encourage you to pursue your dreams, Civil Eng is a good branch of Engineering for me.

Are there any other engineers on this site taking the civil PE but have a degree in another branch of engineering. I am a Biological Engineer (environmental concentration) taking the Civil PE this April. Are there any others?
How did it go? I don't have a civil degree either.

I thought the morning was very hard, especially geotecnical.

Construction was hard for me also.

I will be some day. My degree will be Surveying Engineering (6 more weeks). I'm taking the FLS this April, and the FE next October. . . job depending, I would like to think i'll be taking the civil PE round about the fall of 2012 (seems a looong way away).
Good luck!

2012 will be here before you know it. Trust me it goes by fast.

I have a degree in General Engineering from Illinois. I have been working in civil since I graduated, and just passed the PE with transportation. I took a review course (PEreview.net) and passed on the first try. Just do enough practice problems and you will be fine.

My BS isn't in civil. It made the EIT easy bc of the variety of courses I had to take for it. I studied a lot for the PE but if you take a review course youll learn everything you need. If youve had statics, youre covered for structural, transportation am is super easy now, some basic hydrology and hydraulics cover the water, and construction is doable if you bring the right references. Geotech is where it might get tricky if you havent had it.

I am going down this path. I am planning to take the Civil/WR next April.

I am waiting for my results for Chemical to get here in August.

Back