ANYBODY GET THEIR PE RAISES YET??

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine sort of. I took a new job with a new company. The new company is paying 20% more than the other, but still not the greatest. In negotiating the position, I talked them up a bit, although I hadn't received the results yet. Prior to them agreeing to the additional salary that I requested, they said that, truth-be-known, they were gonna give me a little more if I passed. I had previously made it clear to them that I may not have passed.

Now that I did pass and I had already negotiated up on the salary, I'm not sure if they still plan on giving me a little increase. Maybe I already got it in the negotiation process, but just didn't have to wait on the PE results. I also don't know what the increase would have been in the first place had I not negotiated the salary up. For all I know, I might be worse off had I not even negotiated up. Maybe they would have raised me up to a bit higher than what I ended up prior to the PE results.

I'm confused. Who knows? :dunno: I guess I'll see what happens.

Ed

Last edited:
I am still waiting for an offer from my current employer and another Engineering firm.

BTW, where the heck are our numbers Florida?

I've got 15% coming my way as soon as I get some more paperwork back from our state board. Waiting on the mail again... :brick:

I got an automatic $5000 raise and I'll be getting another one with my annual review in August.

I'm with ya rleon.....I want my --- **** number!!! :bad:

Squat, nada, nil, zippo, zilch...

My boss did say that he "might" be able to take me out to lunch some day as recognition, but he had so see if the company would re-imburse him.

Thanks boss. Don't go to any $5 trouble or anything. I'm sure he'd take me to Subway or Captain D's anyway, and I'd spend the afternoon in the crapper.

:p

I would have had I received my results.

Unfortunately, my boss is leaving for a two week vacation and then I am on a two week vacation. My only hope is that Illinois gets their act together and post the scores online tomorrow morning and my boss decides to come in for a little before he leaves.

I get the a standard 10% backdated when the results came in, but the other two Engineers in the office and I are still grossly underpaid.

Go to Salary.com and select Civil Engineer III and we are somewhere below 25%. :true:

I'd work for free if I didn't have to do the paperwork :p

funny thing, the google ad that just was at the bottom of the page was for "the other board"

The offer came in the mail today. All I can say is WOW! Still at work now, will post the #'s later this evening after Superman. :bow:

If those numbers are WOW I don't want to see them here at work. I don't want my colleagues to see me cry when I compare them to my meager salary. I used to work at a high pressure semiconductor company where I made a lot but worked heavy overtime. I always said then that I would trade the money for a less stressful job. Now I work for the gov't, with no stress except for the stress of not having any money.

Thats awesome Rleon! :D

I found out that I don't get any raise!! In our company you need a PE to climb up the ladder. So its taken for granted that you'll get a PE :( I wish I had negotiated a raise after PE when I accepted this offer 7 months ago. I got $500 bonus which was frikkin TAXED! :angry:

If your billing rate changed without a raise, I would make a stink. However, its really more what you do after you get your license. What would you do if you were the owner? I can see it both ways. If your work doesn't effect your family, than be thankful. If it does, time to make a change.

Ok, let's say I was given an offer of 26% more per year as a base. Now I have unlimited overtime and a bonus equal to two weeks salary in December. That is a great offer for Florida and there is plenty of money now for that Corvette ZO6.

Ok, let's say I was given an offer of 26% more per year as a base. Now I have unlimited overtime and a bonus equal to two weeks salary in December. That is a great offer for Florida and there is plenty of money now for that Corvette ZO6.
Dude thats awesome.

Not that i am envious, but I feel like Im gonna throw up.

Working for the state, this raise might give me the money to buy that cool new Shwinn (sp.) Ive been eyeballin.

Rleon,

That's what I am hoping for from my current company, though everytime I look at the numbers, I don't think they will come through. The boss gets back from vacation in a week and a half so I'll find out then.

Remember my friends that is just the base salary. Do not forget to factor in overtime and bonus.

Good luck and ask for as much as you can get. :congrats:

Back