Any Plastics People Here?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wilheldp_PE

PE, LEED AP, SPAM KING
Reaction score
I have a very intriguing design work opportunity for a mech. engineer with experience in plastics (both properties of, and methods of molding). Experience in biomed, or some sort of other field that requires designing for use in/on the human body, is a plus. I don't want to get into details on here because the end product is fairly offensive and there may be copyright issues posting details on a public forum. If anybody is interested and experienced, shoot me a PM and I'll give you some details.

I have a very intriguing design work opportunity for a mech. engineer with experience in plastics ... the end product is fairly offensive
Damnit why didn't I learn about plastics... this sounds right up my alley....

wait retract that, its not up my anything!!!!

Yes, this is the problem that I keep running in to. Everybody that is interested doesn't have the necessary knowledge to help, and those that do have the knowledge don't really want to help. Apparently the inventor is having the same trouble...he can't find any design firms that will take the work.

Is this patented? Can you post the patent #? I have worked some, closer to a little than a lot, with plastics and polymers. I know of a firm in CT that I respect who do a lot with polymers - engineering, consultation, analysis, molding...

Is this patented? Can you post the patent #? I have worked some, closer to a little than a lot, with plastics and polymers. I know of a firm in CT that I respect who do a lot with polymers - engineering, consultation, analysis, molding...
No, it is not yet patented which is why I'm not posting details on the forum. Thanks for the link. I'll pass that on and see if it fits the need.

I can also vouch for this company. They do very nice work...I work with a guy who used to be there (not sure if he still freelances for them or not) and he is truly a genius when it comes to polymers.

Do you have experience in plastics?

BTW, if you re-read my original post, I said that if you were interested to PM me...not the other way 'round. ;)

Back