How much money do you make per year?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How much money do you make per year?

• Still in school

Votes: 2 0.9%
  • 40-50K

Votes: 6 2.8%
  • 51-60K

Votes: 22 10.3%
  • 61-70K

Votes: 37 17.3%
  • 71-80K

Votes: 36 16.8%
  • 81-90K

Votes: 35 16.4%
  • 91-100K

Votes: 20 9.3%
  • 101-110K

Votes: 19 8.9%
  • More than that!

Votes: 36 16.8%
  • Less than 40k

Votes: 1 0.5%

• Total voters
If I didnt pay $18K / year in daycare I would be well, $18K ahead of the game..

next year I only have to pay $9K so things should get a little easier...

If I didnt pay $18K / year in daycare I would be well, $18K ahead of the game..
next year I only have to pay $9K so things should get a little easier...
Yeah, well if I didn't have my $450 per month in student loans I would be doning well. It will be paid off in about six years....boy I can't wait :bow:

I just saw this for the first time today too?

Where the hell have I been?

RoadGuy, I feel your pain, I spend 14k yr. in child care, and $1,000 mo. for cars (before gas), and $2100 mo. mortgage.

Surely, it will lighten up someday.

Wow!!! you were really paying $18K for daycare RG?!!!! I know that was for 2, but even $9K for 1 is crazy. We hover right around $5K a year for minisnick depending on vacations and sick days, but that is for ALL Day.

Wow!!! you were really paying $18K for daycare RG?!!!! I know that was for 2, but even $9K for 1 is crazy. We hover right around $5K a year for minisnick depending on vacations and sick days, but that is for ALL Day.
It's about what my brother in law pays in Louisville for two kids.

That's about what we were paying for daycare too. So glad they're both in school now and that expense is gone!

We'll be paying $21k once BabyYMZ starts preschool in a few months.

YMZ - is that an increase or decrease? to $21K...

I think I'd stay home if it cost that much in addition to the gas it takes me to go to work.

With the daycare and car related expenses it costs me ~$50 a day to go to work. If the daycare costs were that high it would be over ~$100 a day more me to just go to work.

At one point, we were right around the $20k/year mark for daycare. It was back when my son was still in diapers and my daughter was just learning to crawl. We had to use daycare because Mrs Dex had gone back to school full time in one of those "accelerated" colleges (earn a bachelors degree in less than a year). The kids have been full time with either daycare or school ever since, but the costs went down each year as the kids get older (rates go down as the kid get older since state mandates require fewer teachers per kid as they get older). Our expenses have gone down dramatically since the kids are in school now, but we still have to pay for my daughter to be in kindergarten full-time. We're still about 4 years away from being able to let them ride the bus to/from school and stay home by themselves (state law says 12 and older), so we're not quite out of the woods yet for that.

****, I'm glad Mrs. ble decided to be a SAHM. I really don't know what it costs for daycare around here, but I'm pretty sure a good one near our house runs between $800-$1000/month. That would put us around $20k a year for daycare if both the kiddos were going. That's not too much less than Mrs. ble was bringing home before she quit her job, and definitely not enough less to warrant still working.

My wife is about to go back to work and junior to daycare. Her work is paying for her Master degree plus she has all of our benefits through her work and if I took them on it would be 2.5x as much.

At the beginning, Mrs Dex's paycheck were barely covering the daycare costs. But the deciding factor in sending the kiddos to daycare was her sanity. She needs adult interaction, and she goes crazy if she's home with the kids for more than a week (like at spring break).

****, I'm glad Mrs. ble decided to be a SAHM. I really don't know what it costs for daycare around here, but I'm pretty sure a good one near our house runs between $800-$1000/month. That would put us around $20k a year for daycare if both the kiddos were going. That's not too much less than Mrs. ble was bringing home before she quit her job, and definitely not enough less to warrant still working.

Pretty much the same thing here. Her job wasn't paying high enough to make day care worth it and she wanted to be home with our son.

My kids are 3 and 1 so we haven't gotten to that point yet, but she would like to go back to work when they go to school. Her ideal job would be a teacher so that she could be on a similar schedule as them, but we'll have to see when the time comes.

I might have to look into staying at home once minisnick does go to school full time for all the afterschool stuff and sports. I wouldn't get home in time for practice or games. If a minisnick -2 ever comes into existance I would have to become a SAHM or find a parttime job because it would be too much for me to handle.

My wife was a SAHM for our two sons until they hit middle school. I told her she needed to start working again. It's almost more of a PITA when we were both working while they were in high school, especially during summer break. Youndon't know what kind of stuff is going on at your house then.

We made it through without getting arrested or sued, so all is good.

Back