Got Ink? - Page 4 - Shoot the Breeze - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
EM_PS

Got Ink?

Got Ink?  

86 members have voted

1. 1. Fess up, are you sporting some skin art?

• yup
    • nope
    • rather not say

The next one I get will most likely be in Vegas. There's a really good shop just off of the strip that did the large one on my wife's side.

The next one I get will most likely be in Vegas. There's a really good shop just off of the strip that did the large one on my wife's side.

You should totally do that during the EB convention, everyone will be able to watch - it'll be great!

• Like 2

I was taught that ink is poison...

The teacher was a Republican, huh? :P

Mrs. Dex and I still want more tats, it just hasn't happened yet.

Starting the research phase again for a new tat. I'm thinking of getting something similar to this, but not quite as far down the arm (keep it under the sleeves of a polo for work)

bQO4Q.jpg

I've been heavily considering getting a tat, I think I want a Tiger on my right shoulder, and this on my left... Want to incorporate family names in the tree

fad77eaf7006e130ab1fa25c23c5190c.jpg

None. There've been a few times where I've considered getting one, but I don't like the idea of altering my body even semi-permanently unless it's necessary for medical reasons.

Edit: If I did get one, it'd probably be some form of endless knot.

Edited by Exception Collection

None. There've been a few times where I've considered getting one, but I don't like the idea of altering my body even semi-permanently unless it's necessary for medical reasons.

:Locolaugh:

• Like 2

They may seem cool now, but the tats on elderly people with the skin saggy and whatnot just seal the deal for never getting one.

yeah. thing is, by the time my skin is saggin.. I won't give a flying F%$#.

• Like 1

I want something it just hasn't hit me yet..

My daughter is a really good self taught artist so I would like her to draw me something small and then get it put on..

Just don't know what or where..

My wife said its funny when they have a 65 year old lady in the hospital and everything is sagging except the fake boobs.....

yeah. thing is, by the time my skin is saggin.. I won't give a flying F%$#.

You will, long before that.

(The above based on personal observations from folks a generation or more older than me, including more than a few WWII veterans)

RG, that sounds awesome.

For anyone that might have like a 1/4 sleeve (shoulder to that bicep at short sleeve length)... was looking at estimates, and it was going to run $600. Sound reasonable?

RG, that sounds awesome.

For anyone that might have like a 1/4 sleeve (shoulder to that bicep at short sleeve length)... was looking at estimates, and it was going to run $600. Sound reasonable?

Depends on the shop/artist. You're looking at 4-6 hours of work, so an hourly rate of $100-$150 for a reasonably good artist sounds about right.

I've got two, one is an arm band and the other is on my leg just above the sock line. Don't regret them and have had them for over 10 years now. Quite honestly, I don't even think about them anymore. I'm pretty sure I won't care what they look like when I'm old and wrinkly, because I don't care about how they look now. Just a relic of past decisions, but not regrets.

RG, that sounds awesome.

Depends on the shop/artist. You're looking at 4-6 hours of work, so an hourly rate of $100-$150 for a reasonably good artist sounds about right.

Yep.

And I always tip HEAVILY. Its always a good idea to keep the person permanently altering your body on your good side. Plus, I'm a bleeder and tend to get them where its excruciatingly painful, so part of it is "thanks for dealing with me" money.

I don't think any more tattoos are in my future. I wouldn't necessarily mind another one, but I just have no idea where or what and if nothing compels me, then I probably shouldn't get one.

BAM.  I'm bumping this thread because I'm getting some more work done this upcoming Friday!  I'll keep you guys posted on what gets done and how much I cry!!!

I did add another one on my right leg since I last posted here. It's a mashup between the NZ fern and the CO flag. Can't seem to find a pic of it.

ahhhh, i am getting the urge to get more ink.

17 minutes ago, akwooly said:

ahhhh, i am getting the urge to get more ink.

Dooooooooooo it.  DO IT RIGHT NOW!!!!  *gnashes teeth in tattoo fury*

hard decision, do i keep working on my sleeve(currently Half) or start on piece i have been thinking about on my calf.  I should just set up my appointment, my guy is about six months out.

I think you should start the calf, just because it’ll heal totally by summer/will be more prone to the elements (you can always wear a shirt over your sleeve, but you can’t not wear pants...I believe it’s a social norm). I’m lucky because the piece I’m working on now is being done by a high school friend who is really growing into her own, so I get to schedule appointments whenever. She’s not famous or anything, but she has consistent work and has been invited to a nicely growing list of conventions both at home and across the sea.