Did they really need to research this? ;)

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jennifer Price

Tattoo Girl, PE
Reaction score
He's Not as Smart as He Thinks

"Are men smarter than women? No. But they sure think they are. An analysis of some 30 studies by British researcher Adrian Furnham, a professor of psychology at University College London, shows that men and women are fairly equal overall in terms of IQ. But women, it seems, underestimate their own candlepower (and that of women in general), while men overestimate theirs."

Last edited by a moderator:
There are sure a lot more TV shows and movies in the last decade pushing women-empowerment.

For the sake of argument, let's agree that women are equal in intelligence.

BUT, most women appear to be D-U-M-B simply because they act like "women." Therefore their intelligence is M-O-O-T!!!!!

Their intelligence is often trumped by their emotions. They make decisions based on their emotions instead of logic and what is right, fair, etc.

Most women have a reduced situational awareness, and have a lack of ambition.

Most women don't take preventive action such as maintaining their car, or putting things off until after they expire. (For example, letting a traffic ticket go to arrest warrant status.)

Now, I have witnessed many men, all liberals I might add, with the same issues above, however I wave witnessed it more with women which is maybe because most women are liberals. I have never met a conservative woman.

^^Come to SC, SuperAlpha. You won't find many liberals, period.

There are sure a lot more TV shows and movies in the last decade pushing women-empowerment.
For the sake of argument, let's agree that women are equal in intelligence.

BUT, most women appear to be D-U-M-B simply because they act like "women." Therefore their intelligence is M-O-O-T!!!!!

Their intelligence is often trumped by their emotions. They make decisions based on their emotions instead of logic and what is right, fair, etc.

Most women have a reduced situational awareness, and have a lack of ambition.

Most women don't take preventive action such as maintaining their car, or putting things off until after they expire. (For example, letting a traffic ticket go to arrest warrant status.)

Now, I have witnessed many men, all liberals I might add, with the same issues above, however I wave witnessed it more with women which is maybe because most women are liberals. I have never met a conservative woman.
That was a well-said, logical, post there Mr. Gambini.

Of course, you realize you will never be with a woman again.

^^The guy's obviously got issues. :screwloose:

SA - I can't believe you said that....

I'm a guy and a liberal and *sniff* that hurts. Can someone hold me?

I also know a few women who attempt to take advantage of the "dumb" to make their guys feel important/smart... let's just say that being a father of 2 girls changes perspective and if they every play the dumb blond I'll have to call them on their crap.

I have no problems with getting women, even the liberal ones, however I would not settle down with a liberal woman.

Now back to the women intelligence argument, prove me wrong about how they act non-intelligently. Maybe it is because they do not give a ****, but it still backs up my points.

Touchdown had a point about women, being such intelligent creatures that they are, "act dumb" as a gift to their men. Wouldn't their intelligence be masked by their obvious dumbness?

That somewhat agrees with what I said in my first argument:

For the sake of argument, let's agree that women are equal in intelligence. BUT, most women appear to be D-U-M-B simply because they act like "women." Therefore their intelligence is M-O-O-T!!!!!
NONE of the other replies have done anything except to personally attack me by telling me that I can't get a woman or that I have issues.

The fact that not one woman on this board has taken your bait and replied to your post is proof enough of their intelligence for me. But I guess it does show my lack of intelligence (note to self: don't feed the trolls).

Last edited by a moderator:
:plusone: for frazil!

I know lots of intelligent women, and have never seen them act dumb. Regarding conservative women, there are a quite a few. But if your view of what a conservative should be excludes women, you will be hard pressed to find any kind of majority or influence with your opinions.

We generally do a pretty good job on this board of avoiding hate speech. Bashing 51% of the population is not going to work, and should not be encouraged.

It's not hard if you're willing to pay, but that may explain the quality issues you're having.

Awesomeness. :plusone:

I held my tongue in replying to him b/c why should I have to prove my intelligence to a person who has already lumped me in a group to which I do not belong.

It's not hard if you're willing to pay, but that may explain the quality issues you're having.
I've got this friend who used to always tell me his 'advice' on how to get women back in my single days. I was a little embarassed to hang out with the guy because I didn't want women thinking I had the same views.

He always said "You gotta pay to play man" as in the guy needs to spend tons of money on meals and gifts and dates and how if he did enough of that the women would repay him by letting him sleep with her. Real romantic, huh? He tended to get a few dates here and there but with real shallow, dead end types.

Now he's engaged. Made sure he found a woman with far less career aspirations/earning potential because heaven forbid she make more than him. He told me his goal in a marriage was to find someone who would cook and clean for him and leave him along when the game was on. It's like a stereotypical sitcom except it's not funny because it's for real here.

All I know about women is they typically have better looking BOOBS than men do!!! Is that why I keep getting called into the HR office?

He told me his goal in a marriage was to find someone who would cook and clean for him and leave him along when the game was on. It's like a stereotypical sitcom except it's not funny because it's for real here.
Not all that uncommon, one of my good friends from high school married a guy like that. Wont cook or clean and heaven forbid she wants to watch something else when a game or race was on. He keeps the temperature so low during the winter so they can afford the cable bill instead of the heating bill.

...keeps the temperature so low during the winter ...
Well, I do this, but it is to keep the beer cold! And yes, I do my fair share of chores. Wife and I trade cooking/cleaning duties every night.

Sure, but I never paid the chicks as you imply. I paid for the pool and the chicks flock to it...I see no problem with this. I still own the pool. I get what I want and I reap the benefits.

How have I missed this thread up until now?

starting off as a potential classic.

(Fraz, nice one BTW)

NONE of the other replies have done anything except to personally attack me by telling me that I can't get a woman or that I have issues.
You obviously DO have issues and you can count on continuing to receive such comments or "personal attacks" (as you phrase them) if you continue to spout such inappropriately sexist comments.

I've got a lot of work to do (believe it or not) and can't spam today, but after watching a quality female EB member (gatormech) never come back after your sexist comments last year, I won't miss the opportunity to say so this time. Go see a psychiatrist and deal with your female issues, or at least have the courtesy to not post them here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back