Mythbusters: Airplane on a Conveyor Belt

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolverine

Uncanny Pompadour
Reaction score
Now the truth shall be revealed and all will be humbled before the mighty knowledge that, YES, the airplane will take off (unless it doesn't).

-------------------------------------------

AIRPLANE ON A CONVEYOR!

Toward the end of the month the TV show “Mythbusters” is going to handle the question of the airplane on the conveyor belt. The question is simple. If you put an airplane at the end of a 3000-foot long 50-foot wide conveyor belt, and if the conveyor belt runs backwards as the airplane is trying to take off, will the airplane ever make it into the air?

I like that show. They do some crazy stuff. I always like doing destructive testing.

Of course there is no doubt in my mind the plane will get airborne.

All right! An excuse to post this.

kari_lg.jpg

Only thing I worry about is sometimes I don’t really agree with the control parameters they establish. I hope they get some aviation type people involved to assist with how they set up the test!

This is crazy! Please fill us "cable-TV-less" people in when it is on!!

Yep, that's me.

I DO have cable internet and cable phone though. :wacko:

This is crazy! Please fill us "cable-TV-less" people in when it is on!!
You are not alone. We don't have cable either...until tomorrow that is. The hubby's new job is paying for the internet, so we decide to the combo deal with internet, phone and cable (with HD). No more dial up!!!!

^^We got phone and internet for $66/month for 6 months. We might do the TV deal once our 6 months are up though.

I like my bunny ears though!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back