A present for passing?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kevo_55

The Beer Baron
Reaction score
So, I finally got my present for myself for passing the PE exam. I bought myself an iPod Touch. :th_rockon:

Many people around here know that this wasn't my first PE exam that I have passed and I have (of course) bought myself a big ticket gift after passing each exam. Who knows, maybe I am the only one who does this sort of thing.

So, what have you bought yourself for passing the PE exam? Does anyone need any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
So, I finally got my present for myself for passing the PE exam. I bought myself an iPod Touch. :th_rockon:
Many people know around here know that this wasn't my first PE exam that I have passed and I have (of course) bought myself a big ticket gift after passing each exam.

So, what have you bought yourself for passing the PE exam? Does anyone need any ideas?
My husband took me out to The Melting Pot (Yummy)!

My big ticket item that I will buy will be the framing for my PE Certificate once it arrives.

My husband took me out to The Melting Pot (Yummy)!
My big ticket item that I will buy will be the framing for my PE Certificate once it arrives.
The 11"x17" FL PE cert or your NC one?

I gifted myself a $400 radar detector for my baby. I was waiting on the results to get that. Good thing I did not have to wait till April!! Now my wife wishes and hopes that I stop here on the celebrations co everything I plan to buy or do recently, I tell her its for me being a PE!!!

:laugh:

The hubby bought a frame on his way home from work when I told him. We went out to dinner and drinks the night, but I waited until I got the envelope to order the stamp. Had to buy a mat for the frame when the license arrived though...in Illinois it is just this 4"x6" dinky little piece of paper and he had bought an 8"x10" frame. At least the first one had perforated edges, the renewal was literally a piece of paper with "Please cut on lines" printed around it.

I dropped $200 on the fancy MI framed 11" x 14" PE certificate. Looks really nice on the wall with my diplomas.

I haven't bought it yet (passed April '07), but I am going to put a nice flat screen TV at the bar in my basement (nothing too big, but my bar needs a TV).

For passing the EIT, I bought myself a biker jacket. My wife didn't like the idea of me buying a motorcycle for passing the PE, so I settled on the TV.

I wanted to buy a nice beretta or benelli shotgun, but my **** sense of practicallity got in the way. So, I spent the $2k i had planned for the gun, and a couple of months of sweat equity, remodeling a room to be the baby's room. The sad thing, is that it wasn't even my wife that talked me out of the gun.

I got Chinese take out. I need to make up what I paid to take the exam and the book before I think about the reward. Anyhow, I got that day a chinese take out.

Just placed the order for an autopilot for the bird. The manufacturer is going to jack their prices by 25% on any orders placed after today. Still trying to figure out how I'm going to finance the **** thing but at least I'm working with a 2007 dollar figure.

I am going to Vermont on a ski trip January 4th. If I pass, I will spend lots of money and celebrate on my vacation. If I fail, this trip will be my last fun trip before the studying starts again. Hopefully, I will find out before I leave.

I had a 3D ultrasound done... isn't he cute?

PICS_38a.jpg

I am going to Vermont on a ski trip January 4th. If I pass, I will spend lots of money and celebrate on my vacation. If I fail, this trip will be my last fun trip before the studying starts again. Hopefully, I will find out before I leave.
Make VTEnviro buy you a drink. VTSkier did.

I am waiting to get preg. until I pass the SE. I am scared that I wont be able to study while I am preg.. How along are u? Were you preg. when you took the test?

Back