NEW YORK - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's gonna be a while. Castle Worldwide is no bargain. I took the EIT in NY in an April offering and heard back in July sometime.

Don't even ask me about my PE by reciprocity experience there. Took 9.5 months.

And as a reward for passing, you get some of the worst PDH requirements in the country. Good luck fella.

It's gonna be a while. Castle Worldwide is no bargain. I took the EIT in NY in an April offering and heard back in July sometime.
Don't even ask me about my PE by reciprocity experience there. Took 9.5 months.

And as a reward for passing, you get some of the worst PDH requirements in the country. Good luck fella.
yeah I got my EIT response from them in July too....this waiting really stinks!

Yep ... NY will have to hold tight for awhile longer. The third party administrator is slower than molasses in January (pun intended).

JR

they start entering the names on the states website just before the letters go out (or maybe the same day). But they were only entering 10-20 names per day. So i'm guessing that most people got the letter before they spotted their names on the website.

i got my se 1 (passing) result on january 3, two years ago.

now waiting for se 2.

Last edited by a moderator:
they start entering the names on the states website just before the letters go out (or maybe the same day). But they were only entering 10-20 names per day. So i'm guessing that most people got the letter before they spotted their names on the website.
I actually saw a friends name on the website and called her that day. She received her passing letter 2 days later. I on the other hand got the "try again" letter.

I actually saw a friends name on the website and called her that day. She received her passing letter 2 days later. I on the other hand got the "try again" letter.
PEPG-

Long time no see. How did the exam go this time? Did you use the School of PE course again?

Good luck with the results...

ktulu

i hear you,

i had the same thing happen.

maybe this is the time

good luck

The other thing is that calling the state board will get you a different answer depending on who picks up and what kid of mood they are in. It's definitely lame.

that is very true. they are charging 475 dollars for SE2, and guess what i had to explain what were SE1 and SE2 to one of them. also, without asking your name and necessary info, they easily can tell you to call them in 6 weeks pretty much about anything!

just spoke to someone at the NYS board and she said the NY results won't be mailed/posted until the end of January. I really hope this is not the case. This would give you only 2.5 months to get ready for new modified April 08 exam. (really 2 months because you'll be pissed for 2 weeks about not passing and won't get much studying done)

Castle stinks. I took the April 08 exam and found my name on the NYS Office of Professionals website BEFORE I got the letter. Although I was pleased with finding my name there, I can't believe that NYS was faster than Castle. It took from April 20, test day, to June 28 for the web post. June 29 for the letter.

I guess its just part of the continual price we pay for living in this state! :poop:

Even though I love it (I live in central NY), I also hate it! :smileyballs:

This would give you only 2.5 months to get ready for new modified April 08 exam.
Hi all, new here... long time reader, first time posting. I'm taking the April 08 exam, and I haven't heard anything about a new modified format. How is it different than this years tests? Is there anywhere I can find more info on this?

Hi all, new here... long time reader, first time posting. I'm taking the April 08 exam, and I haven't heard anything about a new modified format. How is it different than this years tests? Is there anywhere I can find more info on this?

Is this something new? jeeez..... I hope I passed the Oct '07. if not is there enough time to apply for the April '08??? And what is modified??

Rusty

Is this something new? jeeez..... I hope I passed the Oct '07. if not is there enough time to apply for the April '08??? And what is modified??
Rusty
they added a new construction module and combined Water Resources and Environmental. the new modules are Construction, Transpo, Water Resources and Envrionmental, Geotechnical, and Structural. The AM portion will be 20% of each of these topics, and the PM will be a choice of one of them.

check this link out for more details

http://www.ncees.org/exams/professional/pe_civil_exams.php

Back