PENNSYLVANIA - RESULTS

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
J

jcc222

I'm told that PA has a habit of being one of the slower states to return results to applicants. I wanted to have a place for those of us impatiently waiting for our PE results in PA to vent and share info. Has anyone heard any news regarding the PA results?

Last edited:
I'm told that PA has a habit of being one of the slower states to return results to applicants. I wanted to have a place for those of us impatiently waiting for our PE results in PA to vent and share info. Has anyone heard any news regarding the PA results?
From my friends who took the test in previous years they say that the results usually come out right after New Year's.

Did your friends happen to mention whether or not PA updates their license verification website before we would receive our letters?

I would expect the results between Christmas and New Years but closer to New Years and the website doesn't get updated until after you get your letters usually because they have to give you a number which takes even more time. Keep being patient our time will come. :mail-296:

I would expect the results between Christmas and New Years but closer to New Years and the website doesn't get updated until after you get your letters usually because they have to give you a number which takes even more time. Keep being patient our time will come. :mail-296:

I am thinking after the first of the year due to a large majority of state employees taking off the week between Christmas and New Years. What is another week when we waited this long?

I would guess you'll have your pass/fail letter within the next 2 weeks.

However, don't get too excited. This past spring it took +/-61 days after receiviving the pass letter for us to recieve our license numbers and for the website to be updated.

Good luck and hopefully it will be quicker this time, Andrew

I took the PE in April 07 and I didn't get my letter until 4th of July weekend, then they didn't issue my certification until 9/26/07.....so when you get the pass letter hang in there as the waiting hasn't finished....

So you're saying that my tactic of gleefully exploiting a loophole in Ohio law such that I can get licensed there and then get reciprocity in PA (where I actually live) might actually work?

Cool.

HAs anyone heard anything about Pennsylvania's PE results?

Last edited:
Yep... they didn't come yet and probably won't for another week or so. PA is generally toward the end of the list (except CA).

PA, CT, NJ, VA, PR and Iowa are under EES agency. NCEES send them our results, one state at a time. Then EES use their own template letter to send the results to each one of us.

One of us should call or send them an email to see if a "nice lady" say something. I am not goig to be that guy because I already did it for the April results. The "nice lady" simply lie to me: she told me that results will be in around two weeks. At the same time - same day my wife found the result in my mailbox: failed.

I emailed the State yesterday and asked to when I might receive my results and long story short. I am just waiting for the results to come in. Lady e-mailed me back and said that acording to her records I still had to take the Principles and Practice Exam.

From friends in the office, their results came first week of the new year so I guess we will just have to wait.

PA, CT, NJ, VA, PR and Iowa are under EES agency. NCEES send them our results, one state at a time. Then EES use their own template letter to send the results to each one of us.
One of us should call or send them an email to see if a "nice lady" say something. I am not goig to be that guy because I already did it for the April results. The "nice lady" simply lie to me: she told me that results will be in around two weeks. At the same time - same day my wife found the result in my mailbox: failed.
DUDE< THIS IS ONE OF THE FUNNIEST POSTS I'VE SEEN YET! LOL LOL LOL!

I guess we should not e-mail because they going to lie nor call because is is a bad luck....We will wait and see.

I was talking to one of the engineers down the hall who took the test 2 years ago. His certificate and letter were both dated December 21st and he received his letter in central PA on Christmas Eve. I guess we can take that for what it's worth and hope we all get our results so we can have a merry christmas like he did.

No news yet. My wife checked the mail this afternoon and there was nothing but junk mail and bills.

I live in NE Pa. also known as the land that time forgot so I am assuming that I can add at least a day or two after everybody else in the state hears.

I also had nothing in the mail today but seriously I'm not expecting anything until next week. Sorry guys but PA take FOREVER.... Hang in there just a little bit longer.

Back