RISA-3d and RISA Floor Training

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1144

Reaction score
Has anyone had the privilege of attending the RISA training at their California headquarters? Is it informative? Will it make me a better engineer? Do they serve a nice lunch? Our company is sending me and another engineer sometime next year, and I wanted to get some first hand info.

Thanks

Has anyone had the privilege of attending the RISA training at their California headquarters? Is it informative? Will it make me a better engineer? Do they serve a nice lunch? Our company is sending me and another engineer sometime next year, and I wanted to get some first hand info.
Thanks

Yeah,, Risa 3D is a good tool for Practicing Structural Engineers, you can model complex structures and analyze and run for design in 3Dimensional system, loads can be applied static, dynamic and earthquake forces on it using the latest codes. the method used in that program to analyze the system is Finite Element Analysis or matrix structural analysis. For sure you will be way ahead of other conventional structural engineers with that knowledge. I have used STAAD, ETABS and SAP 2000 for 12.5 years now and it is an advantage.

Yeah,, Risa 3D is a good tool for Practicing Structural Engineers, you can model complex structures and analyze and run for design in 3Dimensional system, loads can be applied static, dynamic and earthquake forces on it using the latest codes. the method used in that program to analyze the system is Finite Element Analysis or matrix structural analysis. For sure you will be way ahead of other conventional structural engineers with that knowledge. I have used STAAD, ETABS and SAP 2000 for 12.5 years now and it is an advantage.

I was more interested in the content of their training.

I was more interested in the content of their training.

Im sure you will be trained how to use the program RISA 3d in analysis and design of structures, modelling etc, the function of the program and it's capabilities etc.

Back