New Movie Thread

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dleg

Spammer Emeritus
Reaction score
Since the old movie thread has slipped away from the first two pages of this forum, and it had grown to several pages itself, I figured I'd start a fresh one.

I saw "I Am Legend" last night. Good zombie flick, almost perfect for the first 3/4 of its length. The ending seemed to come too fast and waste all the tension that had been building, I thought. Also: CG zombies. WTF! Why put good stunt persons and makeup artists out of work? Honestly, it throws me right out of the ol' "suspension of disbelief" when I am suddenly faced with something that looks and moves like a videogame monster on my PS2 (not even a PS3). Please, they're zombies. Zombies are people, too. Why can't we just let real people play the zombies?

Since the old movie thread has slipped away from the first two pages of this forum, and it had grown to several pages itself, I figured I'd start a fresh one.
I saw "I Am Legend" last night. Good zombie flick, almost perfect for the first 3/4 of its length. The ending seemed to come too fast and waste all the tension that had been building, I thought. Also: CG zombies. WTF! Why put good stunt persons and makeup artists out of work? Honestly, it throws me right out of the ol' "suspension of disbelief" when I am suddenly faced with something that looks and moves like a videogame monster on my PS2 (not even a PS3). Please, they're zombies. Zombies are people, too. Why can't we just let real people play the zombies?
Im going to see I am Legend in a few minutes. Other than that got Sweeney Todd on my radar for next week. Im a sucker for Tim Burton+Johnny Depp+Musicals+Dark themes.

Other than that I highly recommend No Country for Old Men. API has put it in the top 10 flicks of 2007 and I agree. It really is an amazing and thought provoking movie.

Saw "Alvin and the Chimpmunks" over the weekend. Typical movie of this type. But I swore the voices were the same as in the original cartoon...which I didn't realize was almost 50 years old.

Watched "License to Wed" last night. 6 out of 10 rating, just b/c of Mandy Moore and Robin Williams as a Catholic priest cracked me up....

We saw I am Legend this weekend too. I think it was a rentable movie, but my hubby really wanted to see it, so we sold one of his kidneys to see it in the theater.

I had the same thoughts about the zombies...why not use *real* people? All I kep thinking is wow, the people have become really nimble, strong, fast, ect. What kind of mutation would have to take place for *that* to happen?

And I definitely agree with you about the ending...it just popped up without really ever coming down from the climax of the movie.

I would love to see "I am Legend" as well, but once my wife saw the zombies in the trailers I knew I would have to Redbox it so I could watch it myself.

****! :eek:ldman:

Looking forward to seeing hitman...just got Hot Rod to watch tonight. Nothing good on TV with the dang strike going on!

Anyone seen Fred Clause?

One of my close girlfriends saw it and said it was horrible. She said it wasn't funny and it was way too long and a bit of crude humor (not that crude humor would bother most of you guys ;) ).

Last edited by a moderator:
One of my close girlfriends saw it and said it was horrible. She said it wasn't funny and it was way too long and a bit of crude humor (not that crude humor would bother most of you guys ;) ).
Good info. The wife and I will wait that one out until it hits DVD I guess. Thanks!

Can anyone tell me if the Simpsons movie is worth snagging?

My wife bought herself the Stardust DVD for Christmas and could not wait, so we watched it last night. It was really good!

My manly self enjoyed American Gangster more, but it was an enjoyable movie.

The Simpsons Movie was the last new movie Ive seen and it was HILARIOUS. I was a huge Simpsons fan growing up and the writing for the movie is as good as any of the writing from seasons 6-9 (the holy grail of simpsons seasons). If you even remotely like the Simpsons go watch it.

I Tivo the Simpsons every day. I will be going out tonight and getting it while finishing up some shopping. Thanks for the input!

I love the Simpsons, but just don't have the chance to watch enough episodes to know when the best writing occurred. Seasons 6-9, you say? One of my favorite episodes ever was the one where Bart's pet lizard (or some sort of animal) escaped and bred out of control and became a nuisance in Springfiled, and to get rid of it, they kept introducing new nuisance species to eat all the other nuisance species. The funnies part, to me at least, was the end when somebody was asking the obvious question about how to get rid of the latest nuisance species, which I believe were gorillas, and the response was something like "Well, that's the beauty of this plan: the gorillas arent equipped for cold weather, so they'll all jsut die off in winter!" Was that in Season 6-9?

I rented 28 weeks later today.

I was expecting for it to be pretty good just like the first one but it sucked dog ass. Way too many zombies everywhere and the rage virus changes people quicker compared to the first movie.

I saw Sweeny Todd tonight with my wife and daughter. That is one twisted story, and apparently based on fact. It was entertaining though.

I guess Jeffrey Dahmer, the musical will be next :blink:

I saw National Treasure 2 tonight with some coworkers. We all thoroughly enjoyed it and I will probably rent it when it comes out to see it again.

I saw American Psycho last night based on Bigrays recommendation. It was pretty good. Definitely a flashback to the 80's (Huey Luis and the News, yay!!). Not as terrifying as I was expecting, but still scary.

I went to see Alvin and the Chipmunks with the kids on Sunday. My 4 year old son had been asking for it ("chipmunk movie!") every time we were out in the car or when the commercials came on the tube, so I figured I would give it a shot. Ever since Cars, he has been afraid of the movie theater and runs away as soon as we walk through the door. But this time he made it through the whole thing, and apparently liked it.

Oh, but I must warn the rest of you, Chipmunks sucks.

Back