PCS and EES Question

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

moodyj2000

Has anyone from CT, IA, MA, NJ, PA, VA received their results. All of these states are proctored by PCS (EES) and I was wondering if their is some correlation between not having results and this testing service. I have read several post in the past that indicate that these services slow down the process of applicants receiving their results. Anyone?

I will reply to my own topic. I just spoke with EES and they stated that they are just now starting to release results to the states listed in my previous post. She said that they had received some but not all results from NCEES and were turning them around as fast as possible. Yesterday was the first day that they had received any results so expect at least another weak of delay. She gave the blanket 10 - 12 week rule but said they are trying to get them out as soon as they receive them. So if you are from one of these states drink a beer, take a valum or do whatever it takes to relax because it could be next week before we hear something.

at least you got a hold of someone, but I dont think I have seen any one from those states mention they have there results yet.

You know, maybe the 10-12 week canned comment about results isn't all the far from the truth for some places.

It's already been 8 1/2 weeks, and only the ELSES direct states have heard back.

If state boards and EES, etc. need another week from now after receving results to process them, then mail them out where it will take a couple more days to get to the examinees, there's your 10 weeks right there.

I haven't seen anything from these states.

Which one of them is your lucky board?

I wish all states would go to ELES (or whatever the other company is that does nearly 90%+ of the country) and then have ELES direct mail to us. Sure seems like it cuts at least 1-2 weeks off of the return time.

Makes me laugh that EES has only like 6 states to handle and they can't get them out in the same timeframe as ELES does the rest of the country. What a joke!

I will reply to my own topic. I just spoke with EES and they stated that they are just now starting to release results to the states listed in my previous post. She said that they had received some but not all results from NCEES and were turning them around as fast as possible. Yesterday was the first day that they had received any results so expect at least another weak of delay. She gave the blanket 10 - 12 week rule but said they are trying to get them out as soon as they receive them. So if you are from one of these states drink a beer, take a valum or do whatever it takes to relax because it could be next week before we hear something.
This info EES is giving out is total bs.

The first day that results starting coming in (for Florida and then others soon after) I called EES and told them, 'hey, other state's have already released results to examinees - where are PA's results?'

They told me that they were 'receiving results for some of the states, but they didn't have all of them yet, yada yada.'

That is totally different from - we're just starting to receive (almost a week later). I'm not blaming you. These people at EES give me a different story every time I call. They are slow. That's all there is to it.

And they always fall back on the 8-12 weeks line. I love that.

You think EES pisses you off. Illinois uses a company that administers 1 PE exam.

Illinois uses Continental Testing Services. They handle all of Illinois's and some of Wisconsin?s professional licensure examinations.

Past experience shows that the results won't get here until next week. This blows for me. I have an interview on Friday and would really like the results for that Also, any hope of negotiating with my current employer is shot if I don't get them this week due to my boss's vacation followed by my vacation.

You think EES pisses you off. Illinois uses a company that administers 1 PE exam. Illinois uses Continental Testing Services. They handle all of Illinois's and some of Wisconsin?s professional licensure examinations.

Past experience shows that the results won't get here until next week. This blows for me. I have an interview on Friday and would really like the results for that Also, any hope of negotiating with my current employer is shot if I don't get them this week due to my boss's vacation followed by my vacation.
I feel ya. These folks don't seem to realize how this affect us.

Number one...if the news is bad - it would be nice to have as much time as possible to get studying again. Not only that, but come up with the money to re-submit.

I just don't like the overall attitude I get from these folks when I call. I don't give a **** if they get a thousand calls a day. That's their job. If they did their job a little quicker - they would be getting zero calls this week.

I didn't make one phone call until we hit 8 weeks. Now I'm going to continue to call these folks at EES every day. They've earned it.

Anybody know why below my username on this post (and all of my ~4 posts thus far) I have a Warn thing with a bar there?

I don't see anyone else's posts tagged with this.....maybe I'm a villan on the run :dsgt: :???: ....

only you can see that. it is your report card.

maybe the mods can see it too :bow: mods

if you log in as guest you can not see it

This is driving me crazy. I was trying to be patient at first but I think the overall, "I don't give a **** about your life" attitude displayed be anyone answering the phones anywhere is pissing me off. They would have a lot less headache if they would just give the actual time they expect to have the results out.

This is driving me crazy. I was trying to be patient at first but I think the overall, "I don't give a **** about your life" attitude displayed be anyone answering the phones anywhere is pissing me off. They would have a lot less headache if they would just give the actual time they expect to have the results out.
Boy. Moody is aptly named.

Did you ever stop to think that they honestly may not know when things are going to happen? Do you also have any idea how many phone calls and e-mails they probably are receiving? Do you think they hang up and give an evil laugh and talk about how much they just pissed off another examinee?

How is your attitude around election time when your phone is ringing off the hook with people wanting you to vote for so and so? Do you calmly explain your method of voting and how you are planning to vote?

I know all of you are on edge, but hang in there and try not to fuss at the "waitresses" when the problem is really in the "kitchen"...........

Mike I say this respectfully, Texas got there results yesterday from ELSES, and within two hours the information was available on the web.

I am not saying anything against my board, I am just stating a fact.

Mike I say this respectfully, Texas got there results yesterday from ELSES, and within two hours the information was available on the web.
I am not saying anything against my board, I am just stating a fact.
Stating facts are fine. Wondering about when the results are coming and why are they taking so long is fine. Personal attacks against people in the board offices who are probably going nuts and doing everything that they can is over the line, IMO.

Missouri just changed to ELSES direct and got their results back much quicker this time, just a few days after the first releast to FL...

I'm wondering if ELSES knows who butters their bread, and if they can do the results and mailings direct, they are going to grade and get those results out quickly... As for the other states that are EES or whomever else, maybe ELSES waits for them, knowing what a debockle it's creating and attempting to pressure (from complaints) other boards to switch to their direct mailing system.

It just seems to me that ELSES direct is definately quicker and if you believe in the cut score idea where all tests will be graded before a cut score is released... ie. who passes and fails, then all the results from the exams should have been established more than a week ago.

Is someone at ELSES sitting on results to drum up more business? They are in control.

Just a random hypothesis with no factual information to support. :dunno:

Yes, actually I know the woman at the desk does laugh an evil laugh after she hangs up the phone. No one with that voice could resist. Talk about stoic, you couldn't design a more perfect secretary. All kidding aside though, I realize what these people have to deal with and the importance of not shooting the messenger. They are just doing their job and have been given a directive on what to tell people when they call.

The real problem is the entire process of getting results out coupled with the fact that this is a major factor in the future of many peoples lives. I personally am at a point in my life where several major decisions are hinging on these results. My future and the well being of my family depend upon well thought out and informed decisions over the next month or two. That is what brings on my frustration but at the end of the day I will go home to play with my daughter and all thoughts of this will fade until tomorrow.

By the way Mike from Gastonia, where do you live? I drill in Charlotte and my wife's family is in Gastonia, NC. I live up here in Waynesville and travel down there once a month for drill.

Missouri just changed to ELSES direct and got their results back much quicker this time, just a few days after the first releast to FL...
I'm wondering if ELSES knows who butters their bread, and if they can do the results and mailings direct, they are going to grade and get those results out quickly... As for the other states that are EES or whomever else, maybe ELSES waits for them, knowing what a debockle it's creating and attempting to pressure (from complaints) other boards to switch to their direct mailing system.

It just seems to me that ELSES direct is definately quicker and if you believe in the cut score idea where all tests will be graded before a cut score is released... ie. who passes and fails, then all the results from the exams should have been established more than a week ago.

Is someone at ELSES sitting on results to drum up more business? They are in control.

Just a random hypothesis with no factual information to support. :dunno:
I think you're confused (or at least mixing your acronyms).

I don't think ELSES grades the exams. NCEES does. NCEES then sends the scores (who passed, who failed) to either ELSES, EES, PCS (anyone else?) or the State Board.

I think ELSES and NCEES are in the same building, so it makes sense that they would get scores first. Therefore, letters from ELSES, etc., go out first.

Also, I'm not sure if they (NCEES) wait until everything is run prior to sending out any scores or not. In other words, if they finish Alaska's first, do they send them out or wait until they finish all of the states?

I'm not a big conspiracy buff. I just don't think engineers are Machiavellian (SP?) enough to do that. first line of "About NCEES" on their website says they are non-profit........

By the way Mike from Gastonia, where do you live? I drill in Charlotte and my wife's family is in Gastonia, NC. I live up here in Waynesville and travel down there once a month for drill.
I live in Raleigh.

Gotcha... I'm relatively new to this and don't understand all the facts (as stated), mostly because all of the frustration and confusion is really related to lack of information about how / when / where this process exists.

Back