Construction References

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old as Dirt Geo

Reaction score
Well I'll try and get the list of good references started for the construction depth module. A really good reference text for equipment selection, production and cost is "Construction Planning, Equipment and Methods" by R.L. Peurifoy; ISBN-13: 9780072964202. I got the 2nd edition of this book for my heavy construction class iwhen I was in college and have used it during my 18 years in heavy civil construction.

Also the Caltrans web site ( http://www.dot.ca.gov/manuals.htm ) has some good free manuals. If you scroll down to the "Engineering Service - Structure Construction" section there are 2 good manuals, one for design sheeting and shoring and one for design bridge falsework.

OADG

Design Standards have been updated for the Oct 08 construction breath exam. Do they really expect you to buy all these references? That would be about $900.

Design Standards have been updated for the Oct 08 construction breath exam. Do they really expect you to buy all these references? That would be about $900.
For the Depth you better have them... You can get rid of them after you pass. :smileyballs:

For the Depth you better have them... You can get rid of them after you pass. :smileyballs:
Besides the references listed...does anyone have any suggestions on additional references that may be helpful. I realize there is no magic book...but the construction depth section is new and the CERM is vague is some areas...(i.e. quantity take offs, construction operations and methods, CPM problems) Any ideas will be appreciated.

Back