What do you say?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C

ClemsonEngr

So everyone keeps asking how I did on the exam.

I am starting to run out of vague football analogies (John Maddenisms) such as:

"To win the game, you have to score points." or

"The quarterback can throw the ball or hand it off"

Let's here some creative suggestions!

"if you want to make omelettes, you have to punch some idiots in the head" (mixaphorically speaking)

After I took the April '07 exam, we had my son's 2nd birthday party that Sunday. Every family member started asked me how I did, at one point I just got everyone's attention and said "It was hard but fair, it was long and draining... I'll let you know how I did in 10-1/2 weeks, I don't want to talk about it anymore" I also then wrote the same thing on my whiteboard here in my office and when anyone came in to ask me, I just pointed to the board.

After I took the April '07 exam, we had my son's 2nd birthday party that Sunday. Every family member started asked me how I did, at one point I just got everyone's attention and said "It was hard but fair, it was long and draining... I'll let you know how I did in 10-1/2 weeks, I don't want to talk about it anymore" I also then wrote the same thing on my whiteboard here in my office and when anyone came in to ask me, I just pointed to the board.
That is a wonderful idea! I almost made an announcement at my church stating the same thing. I don't know how many people have asked me how I did...I hate reliving it each time b/c I start to think, maybe I didn't do so good as I think I did.

That is a wonderful idea! I almost made an announcement at my church stating the same thing. I don't know how many people have asked me how I did...I hate reliving it each time b/c I start to think, maybe I didn't do so good as I think I did.
Exactly. Everyone at my son's party knew I took the test on Friday and that even though it was Sunday, I was still drooling on the inside. Other than my sister (lawyer who took the bar in NY and NJ), no one there had ever had to take an exam of this nature. Even my wife doesn't really understand what it is like (her Qualifying Exam for her Doctorate was a week long, take home, and if she failed one part, she could rewrite). I'm not saying that her exam was easier, just different (I wouldn't want to have to write 4 10-15 page papers in a week).

I had considered wearing a sign around my neck saying "Don't ask me about the exam" for a couple of weeks afterwards.

I just got asked again this morning, followed by 'when will you know?' then 'well, I'm sure you passed.' That's pretty much been SOP with everone.

I hope, hope, hope they are right.

:deadhorse: I tried the baseball analogy this am. Actually a really good way to put it.

I keep getting the "I'm sure you passed" line as well. I've pretty much told everybody that it doesn't matter at this point, won't find out til January anyway. And, I won't be taking the exam in April no matter what, so I'm just not gonna worry about it for a while. Most people then give me the "I'm sure you did fine" line and stop asking. I'm sure that I'll get another round of questioning starting mid-December or so...

I'm guessing everyone gets the "I'm sure you passed" line (or equivalent pleasantry) b/c I really can't imagine someone walking up and saying "Don't worry, I'm sure you bombed it, better luck next time". Although that could be really fun to do.

Muh ha ha ha ha. :asthanos:

I'm guessing everyone gets the "I'm sure you passed" line (or equivalent pleasantry) b/c I really can't imagine someone walking up and saying "Don't worry, I'm sure you bombed it, better luck next time". Although that could be really fun to do.
Muh ha ha ha ha. :asthanos:
That is just evil. Let me know how it goes :)

My wife's boss is a college professor. He threw and end of the school year/congratulate the new PhDs party right around when results were gonna be out.

He came up to me and said, I hear congratulations are in order for you too for passing your big exam. This guy is an engineering prof at a fancy school, I thought maybe he was in the know somehow. My heart stopped for a minute. I then found out he just heard the info wrong from the mrs. :smileyballs:

Up until Last week, I was able to say "We'll have Halloween, Thanksgiving, a LONG weekend in Vegas, and Christmas before I know!"

Of course now we've had Halloween.

A guy at work keeps asking if I passed yet. My answer yesterday was, "Screw you, John."

I'm nervous even talking about it.

The problem I am facing at work is that a couple of colleagues took this test along with me and so my boss says:

I heard "X " thought this test was easy so you should be fine....

:smileyballs:

^^^Yikes!!!!!!!

That came out wrong but was not intentional. I have a short fuse for that kind of C-R-A-P about comparisson between fellow employees by the management.

I was a victim of that and did not like it. I guess Annie does not like it too. The pressure is unbelievable even if you try not think about it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back