Structural I exam

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

steelguy

I only know of one other person on this board who took the Structural I exam. Any others?? I have yet to hear of anyone passing it this time around. I need at least a couple people to share in my misery after I fail.

I took it in oct, and again in april. I got pretty close in october, texas was kind enough to share my numerical grade with me. I don't think I did much better this second time.

I took Structural I for the first time in April. From the results so far, I have yet to see someone pass. I'm in Alabama, so I will let you know when the results get here.

By the way, after weeks of lurking this is my first post on this forum.

Well, if some more people don't pass, collectively we should be able to kill this thing in October. I am fairly certain that I was really close and know where I went wrong. Good luck to all who have not gotten their results yet!!!

I'm a new member today, and also a lurker for the last couple of weeks. I took the Structural I for the first time in April in Wisconsin. I didn't think it was too bad, but I don't know crap about bridge design. So, I'm patiently waiting like most of us here left.

scottiesei,

I missed your letter you had posted showing the categories of the STR I exam. Could you repost it or write out the catergories that broke it down to?

Analysis of Structures - Loads

Analysis of Structures - Lateral Forces

Analysis of Structures - Lateral force distribution

Analysis of Structures - Methods

Design and details of structures - General strucural considerations

Design and details of structures - Steel (AISC-AASHTO-ASD-LFD-LRFD)

Design and details of structures - Concrete (AASHTO-ACI_PCI - etc.)

Design and details of structures - Wood (NDS-ASD)

Design and details of structures - Masonry (ACI 530-UBC etc.)

Design and details of structures - Foundations & Retaining Structures

Thanks! It was written in the other forum that Steel and Lateral Loads were trouble spots, huh? I'm sorry to hear you didn't pass, you have me doubting myself now. At least you have a tool to gage what to study in October.

Are you decent with Bridge Design? I'm totally lacking there.

Scott, could you please post the breakdown % for the areas you mentioned in the earlier post? I could calculate how many questions you missed... if you need it.

Back