Testmaster Notes for Download

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just got an email from Testmasters offering more notes in addition to the notes given in class. The hydrology and culvert notes are complete, the transportation and traffic seem to be missing the equations on a lot of pages, so maybe they'll fix that soon? Anyway, here is the link to what they have. Beware, it is a LOT. Each section is well over 100 pages. Hint for printing, 2 to a page, front and back made it reasonable and were still quite legible. :thumbs:

http://www.testmasters.com/pecivilnotes.html

I just got an email from Testmasters offering more notes in addition to the notes given in class. The hydrology and culvert notes are complete, the transportation and traffic seem to be missing the equations on a lot of pages, so maybe they'll fix that soon? Anyway, here is the link to what they have. Beware, it is a LOT. Each section is well over 100 pages. Hint for printing, 2 to a page, front and back made it reasonable and were still quite legible. :thumbs:
Thank you for sharing. Keep posting! What is your depth choice. WR for me. :p10940623:

They hydrology and traffic look a lot like what was in the original notes when I took the class in April 2007. The culvert notes look an awful lot like Hydraulic Design of Culverts (you can get the whole thing at PE Notes References)

What did you think of the course?

I got the link as a forward from a coworker. I'm taking it in April. She seems to have liked it a lot. Her only real studying was that course and she seems to be fairly organized, so I plan on going too. She said it looked familiar to what she already had but maybe the extra problems are new.

WR, but only if I can learn this stupid wastewater! I'm drowning in poo! :-(

WR, but only if I can learn this stupid wastewater! I'm drowning in poo! :-(
Don't get overclocked with wastewater problems. Focus on unit operations, especially being able to convert quickly from MGD to GPD to ft3/s and figure things like sizing units, volume of wastewater, retention times, etc. These are the fundamentals you should understand. Don't try to learn advanced concepts like Waste Activated Sludge (WAS) and things like this - not a very efficient use of your time.

Best of luck!

JR

Don't get overclocked with wastewater problems. Focus on unit operations, especially being able to convert quickly from MGD to GPD to ft3/s and figure things like sizing units, volume of wastewater, retention times, etc.
Lol- this is precisely the stuff I was skipping over last night bc I didn't even understand the question! At least I can convert though... *sigh*

Does anyone have the transportation and traffic notes that have all equations and notes filled in???????????? I would LOVE to get my hands on it for a quick review this weekend.

owillis

Does anyone have the transportation and traffic notes that have all equations and notes filled in???????????? I would LOVE to get my hands on it for a quick review this weekend.
owillis
It's all there at the link above from testmasters. It worked for me. Try it :p10940623:

squishles10,

You are my hero. This is exactly what I needed to summarize all my notes. This will go in the front of my reference notebooks!

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

i got the "Hydrology and Ground Notes" and i have a question on one of the sample problems

can anyone help me out????

Number 6. in the Hydorlogy section.

they show a chart with "time interval", "Avg Intensity", "Inches for 20 minute intervals", and "Cumulative Inches".

how do you get the numbers for the "Cumulative Inches" ??

maybe im missing something but seems to me you just add the previous "inches for time interval" to get cumulative.

doesnt work.

it seems to peek at 1.7 in. about 4:00-4:20, then the "cumulative" goes back down to 0.10 in at 6:00 . . .how can a "cumulative" have a peak and then recede??? . . . . .

btw . . the answer is 1.7 in.

i got the "Hydrology and Ground Notes" and i have a question on one of the sample problems
can anyone help me out????

Number 6. in the Hydorlogy section.

they show a chart with "time interval", "Avg Intensity", "Inches for 20 minute intervals", and "Cumulative Inches".

how do you get the numbers for the "Cumulative Inches" ??

maybe im missing something but seems to me you just add the previous "inches for time interval" to get cumulative.

doesnt work.

it seems to peek at 1.7 in. about 4:00-4:20, then the "cumulative" goes back down to 0.10 in at 6:00 . . .how can a "cumulative" have a peak and then recede??? . . . . .

btw . . the answer is 1.7 in.
I will try and take a look tonight. I want to say that there is a similar problem in the CEPE manual (10th Edition). Might be worth looking up.

owillis

Last edited by a moderator:
owillis
give me your email i have some AM problems I can send you . and if you have some AM CONSTRUCTION AND STRUCTURAL problems can you please send them to me.

my email is [email protected]

owillis
give me your email i have some AM problems I can send you . and if you have some AM CONSTRUCTION AND STRUCTURAL problems can you please send them to me.

my email is [email protected]

Back