4 consecutive tries

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike1144

Reaction score
Texas says I have 4 consecutive tries to pass the PE before I have to reapply. I've taken the Oct '05, and April '06 exam. If I skip the Oct '06 and take the April '07, can I still take the Oct '07? Does consecutive mean 4 times in a row the test is offered? Or 4 times I try to take it? I don't wanna skip the Oct '06 if that means I only get a total of 3 tries.

If this try at the SE-I don't work, I would like to try the Civil/Structural exam in April '07. But I'd want to be able to try it again in Oct '07.

What do I have to do to try for the Civil/Structural, just check off the correct box on the exam registration?

That's it. just check the box.

I'd find out from the board what they mean by the 4 consecutive, because if it's a use it or lose it type of situation, then obviously you'd want to take the Oct' 06 one, even if you're not ready

It is four consecutive opportunities to test, regardless of it you actually take the test during that opportunity. So in your case you have Oct 06 and Apr 07 before you have to reapply. After that fourth test opportunity, you have to wait a year or complete 6 credit hours at a university before you can reapply for licensure.

Board Rules 133.67 and 133.87© are the ones you want to look at.

Does Texas allow you to choose?

In Ga if the board tells you that you have to take Structural 1, you are stuck with that option. (Or so all my structural friends tell me)

But then it doesnt make sense that they have the Civil/Structural PM Test as well as a "Structural 1 Exam"

Now I confused myself :unsure:

Back