I canNOT concentrate!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

EdinNO

I can't get my mind on work! Can you???

Due to the PE results, the fact that I am leaving this job AND the fact that I don't care for the arrogant attitudes at my company, I just can't bring myself to get any work done.

Ed

I can't get a **** thing done. All I do is check this forum and search of NC Lic#31869. That number will be stuck in my head for the rest of my life, maybe it will be mine. :suicide:

civ,

That might not be a bad idea. But, if I cross that pond again, I ain't commin' back! :D

Besides, my wife is home most of the time (she works, but has an office set up at home). I will have her check the mail.

Ed

Last edited:
I'm worthless these past few days myself. I've been spamming this site hard.

I was supposed to be putting together erosion/sediment control permits for a couple jobs this week, and have just now finished one.

My productivity is hurting.

Yeah, it's incredible how the thought of the mail has completely wiped out my enthusiasm and ability to concentrate. :eek:

I haven't been in such a sorry state since my dog died :true:

Some other people should be gitting results by now. It's 11:30 here on the east coast. Any news from any other states??

I'm not sure when it comes here. We are central time for those other than civeng123. :D

I called my wife. She has an 11:30 appointment, but said she would check the mail before she leaves. She says the mail could possibly get there by that time.

Ed

I've been doing mostly busy type work as I'm having a hard time concentrating. It would be useless to do any real work. I'm in VT (in case you can't gleam that from my handle) and my mail doesn't come until anywhere from 1400 - 1730 hrs. gotta ways to go but I don't think anything is going to get here until tomorrow.

Yeah I am pretty useless right now too. If I passed I may have an extended lunch. If I failed there may be no need to come back today. I'd be to mad to get anything done.

I called my wife (again) to see if the mail came. I asked her to stalk the mail man. She said I was stalking her by calling so much.

She is going to check on the way out to her appointment. The mail may not have gotten there yet, though.

Ed

When ever I mention it to my wife she just roles her eyes, we'll see what she does when I finally pass :bow: :bow: :D

I'm in VT (in case you can't gleam that from my handle) and my mail doesn't come until anywhere from 1400 - 1730 hrs.  gotta ways to go but I don't think anything is going to get here until tomorrow.
Yeah, what's with the mail here? It's gotten to my place anytime between 11 - 4.

I live a town away from the gigantic post office in White River Junction where apparently all the mail in the state passes through. So hopefully whenever it gets there, I'll see it the next day.

The funny thing is that I'm working on erosion control plans and permit applications this week. It's the thing my boss would have me stamp because I'm environmental and he's civil. And it's the waiting to find out if I get that stamp that's killing my productivity.

Last edited by a moderator:
DANG GONNIT!!!!

Mail, but not the PE results!!!!

Maybe tomorrow? :dunno: I can't take it any more!!!!

Last edited:
Same reaction from my wife along with "I'm surprised you're obsessing over that test. " Come on...I study my a$$ off for this frickin thing. Where's da love? :angry:

:D :lmao:

When my wife called to tell me that the results didn't make it, my hand was shaking so much that I could hardly get my hand in my pocket to answer my cell phone. Then I had trouble opening it.

What a wuss I am!

Ed

Back