Exam Confirmation

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

marcv182

Reaction score
Do you think it is ok to assume I am in for the test since the board cashed my check?

I had to have other state boards send verification forms to the CA state board. I assume it was done since the CA state board cashed the check.

I thought that I read that you don't get your Admission Notice until a couple weeks before the test!? Is there a way to get confirmation before that? Or is the only way to get that is by sending those 2 postcards along with the application (which i conveniently left out)?

You can try to call the board and talk to an evaluator, but Ca is notoriously slow at everything, so they may not know yet. I'm not sure cashing the check means anything, and receiving the cards back only means they received your application.

Did you mail in two self-addressed stamped cards ? I received a notice that I was approved for the exam not too long after they cashed the check. I think I still have the cards at home. I'll look at the date and let you know.

Did you mail in two self-addressed stamped cards ? I received a notice that I was approved for the exam not too long after they cashed the check. I think I still have the cards at home. I'll look at the date and let you know.
I kept those two cards too. Actually, I did not see any date on the second one but saw the date on the first one though. Sound strange, though.

You should call Board to verify.

I am hoping we can receive admission card this month.

Thanks for the input everybody. I guess I'll just wait for the confirmation letter through the mail. Cause I don't wanna sit on hold all day with the Board.

I kept those two cards too. Actually, I did not see any date on the second one but saw the date on the first one though. Sound strange, though.
Can you tell me about the postcards : Sending two self address and stamps postcard to the CA board ? attn to anyone? I called and sent email to the evaluator

but never get any response, CA board is mysterious.

Can you tell me about the postcards : Sending two self address and stamps postcard to the CA board ? attn to anyone? I called and sent email to the evaluatorbut never get any response, CA board is mysterious.

You send the cards with your application. The board then mails them back for conformation that the application was received and then approved.

I've learned that you need to be patient when it comes to California. I'll be taking the seismic exam for my 4th time in April. The last time I took the exam I didn't get my admission letter until a week before the exam.

I received my 2nd card saying, they have reviewed my application and I'm qualified for the exam. The admission letter will be sent out 3 weeks before the exam. BTW, I'm in CA.

I didn't get my actual offical letter until March 31st, which was less than 2 weeks from the exam date! I was a little worried, but I did get both postcards. A guy I work with has still not gotten his letter, he has tried calling and they said they would resend, but I guess he will end up at the help desk the morning of the exam.

Hi All,

Typically, how long before the second postcard come? Just curious?

Thanks

Based on your previous experience with CA Board, how long does the second postcard come after the first one.

Appreciate your input.

The second postcard can take any amount of time. But I'd say a month or so after your first one is received.

Back