Anyone else panicking yet?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CE0502

Reaction score
So... I've just realized today that there's 2 months left until the exam and I feel far from ready, even though I've been studying for the past 2 months. Part of it is because I've taken it once and felt comfortable at the time (not confident, just comfortable) and failed it, to my slight surprise. Not to mention the self-doubt that the FAIL letter had added. Anyone else feeling this tense? Is this feeling normal, for any repeat takers? I did set up a schedule which I did not do the last time, and I guess another thing that is throwing me is that I haven't been able to follow it as closely as I would have liked. Whatever this feeling is, it does NOT feel good. I have this huge fear that I will fail even worse than the last time.

to answer your question.....YES!

really though, either way, you still go to bed every night, and wake up to a brand new day every morning. Take it from someone that's failed it 3 times by no more than 2-3 questions...It's not really worth stressing that much over.

On night's that you just don't feel like you can study, why not take advantage of those times organizing your material. I'm finding more and more, it's not about how much you know, it's about how quickly you can find the answer you're looking for.

Well, glad to know I'm semi-normal! Honestly, I know that I made mistakes in my preparation last time but it is still hard to shake the feeling of not really knowing for sure if I'm doing enough THIS time around, and kicking myself every time I get fewer hours in than I planned or struggle with topics.

2-3 questions, huh? That's rough, man - are you taking it again in October? At least you were close! (A lot closer than I was!) :)

well I am feeling the same. I have not been able to follow the schedule I set up. I got sick , work overload etc etc. Glad to know I am not the only one feeling like this.

Well, glad to know I'm semi-normal! Honestly, I know that I made mistakes in my preparation last time but it is still hard to shake the feeling of not really knowing for sure if I'm doing enough THIS time around, and kicking myself every time I get fewer hours in than I planned or struggle with topics.
2-3 questions, huh? That's rough, man - are you taking it again in October? At least you were close! (A lot closer than I was!) :)

Please don't let your energy be zapped by stress. I know the feeling. I passed on my 4th try. I found that I had to use mind control and discipline to manage my life and my stress. Stay with your study schedule the best you can, but when you can't, for whatever reason, don't let stress take over. Do the best you can to take care of your health--sleeping, eating, exercising. I know it's easier said than done. There's not enough time. Even more reason not to waste time on stressing out. Calm down and do what you know will help. Good luck.

Imagine being out of school for 23 plus years and taking it for the first time, Electrical/Power. Yeah Im feeling it too, work, home, kids, what the hell was thinking! And like I really need that clock up there ticking down...

With this advanced age comes a relative calm knowing I am simply going to try my best, it will not be for lack of effort.

Understanding? LOL...perhaps...effort, not.

Can I get a point for trying? Didn't think so....

GL all.

John

I would feel that urgency every time, because the times I failed it, I didn't prepare enough, the last time I felt OK throughout the prep.

I found that on nights that I couldn't bring myself to work problems, then I would sit and read 3-4 chapters out of the CERM, like it was a novel. Then I would comprehend the contents of those chapters, I ended up reading about 25 chapters before the exam, and I feel that was all the difference. Because some of those easy definition questions, I knew without looking them up. (I looked each up anyway to assure myself)

Back