SOUTH CAROLINA - RESULTS - Page 2 - APR 2006 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
SCPE

SOUTH CAROLINA - RESULTS

Guest 3doorsdwn

Somebody posted that (on June 19th, i.e. yesterday) someone at the board told them they just got results (that day). Well, I called on Friday, and they told me they just had received results then! I get the feeling they are feeding us lines down there.

Guest 3doorsdwn

Thanks. So which exam did you take cd? (For me, it was my 5th try at the SE I.)

I'm "radio" on the other site.

Welcome 3 Doors.....

Have you spoke with the board today?

There are a couple other guys on the site who took the structural exam. Very tough from what I hear.

Guest 3doorsdwn

Hey SCPE. No, I haven't called them (or e-mailed them) today. (Friday was the last time.) It seems they are giving false info, based on what I'm reading here.

Guest cdhanners

3doors. I took Civil/structural. I took STR 1 in October and needless to say I am here again. If you don't make it this time I will talk to you about taking Civil/Structural; I felt it was a much easier test.

I do believe that they prepare the letters first. The website updating doesn't take long ( a couple of hours) since the majority of the work was done in preparing the letters. Do the letters come with a licencse number? I assume yes.

Guest 3doorsdwn

I would take the civil exam, but someday I'd like to try my luck with the SE II. (It took a freind of mine less tries to pass the SE II than the SE I.) But I have to admit, this is becoming a trying process. But: I got the endurance.

You definitely have endurance if you have taken the Pe exam 5 times. Talk about not giving up!

Guest 3doorsdwn

The thing about it is: I haven't been able to put forth a maximum effort towards it (the most I've ever studied for one sitting is 140 hours), because I'm working part-time towards my M.S. in Structural (and I work full-time). But I'm gonna get it, by God. :)

Do you feel like or do you know if you were close to passing in those attempts?

Guest 3doorsdwn

That's a story unto itself. The first time I took it-I didn't even study; I just wanted to get a feel for what the test was like. And that was my best score (68, they didn't report the 4th time)! The second time I studied about 140-160 hours and that was my worst score! Methinks they are playing with the cut score like crazy.

To summarize:

1 st time: 68

2nd : 62

3rd: 66

4th: Fail (Score not reported).

5th: ?????????????

Guest 3doorsdwn

I'm tempted to.....but I got a feeling I'm gonna get the same load of B.S. from them. I mean, how could they have gotten results Friday AND Monday? I don't think they are playing it straight with us.

Guest 3doorsdwn

Ok, I'll e-mail them now. (It'll be morning until I here back from them. If they even get back to me then.)

ONE NEW ENGINEER FROM SC :o :o :o :o :o JUST GO UPLOADED TO THEIR WEBSITE.

SC RESULTS GOING UP NOW.....GO GO GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest 3doorsdwn

Yep. They've added one license (in the last hour).

I ckecked the exam roster and his name was the first one that took the April exam. My name is at the front of the alphabet...............................................

Guest 3doorsdwn

Yep. Kind of odd that just ONE name appeared.

He was the only one that passed. :P Or, the realized that we would be recieving our results to soon and halted the process..... :D

Guest 3doorsdwn

I just hope that at least SOMEBODY passed (even if I didn't make it). The pass rate last time for the SE I in SC was atrocious.

Sign in to follow this