VIRGINIA - RESULTS - Page 4 - APR 2006 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
Sign in to follow this  
Guest moodyj2000

VIRGINIA - RESULTS

I feel for ya guys, the wait can be excrutiating. I would be shocked if they don't get them out before the holiday......

Guest crazycatlady

Sounds like a plan - I'm up in Fburg, so could be down in a couple of hours :D But, don't know how much help I would be. At 31 weeks prego, I bet they can all run a lot faster than I can waddle.... :blink:

I really hope they get it together sometime this week...

Guest moodyj2000

Hey crazycatlady what is the area like where you live. I was just glancing over federal jobs and notice the DON is looking for people up in Dahlgren. I have never been up there and don't know squat about what it is like.

Guest crazycatlady

I actually have a friend that works at Dahlgren (MechE). He likes it - makes a pretty penny over there too from what I understand...

The area is really nice - very suburban - but all fairly new. House prices right around Fburg are kind of high - a lot of commuters from DC move out this way. But if you were to work out at Dahlgren, you could buy out in Prince George County which is very inexpensive and nice.

Don't know what else you want to know...we've been living here for 4 years and love it...

Sounds like a plan - I'm up in Fburg, so could be down in a couple of hours :D But, don't know how much help I would be. At 31 weeks prego, I bet they can all run a lot faster than I can waddle.... :blink:

I really hope they get it together sometime this week...

Yeah, but hell hath no fury like a pissed off pregnant lady!! :D

Guest crazycatlady

Hehe...my husband could atest to that statement! How dare he place my Oreo's in the trunk on the way home from the grocery store yesterday!! Grumble....

Guest moodyj2000

That's what I was thinking. I would have put my wife at 31 weeks up against anyone.

Also, thanks for the info. I have looked at the area and it does seem nice. I am just tryin to debate the headaches of moving back to Virginia. Over the past ten years my residency has switched about six times between NC and VA.

Guest VaEngineer

Is that a fact? - that DPOR will mail out the letters before posting on VADPOR website - In Oct. they posted the names before mailing out the letters.

If they will mail them out first, no sense in checking their website all the time.

Guest moodyj2000

Someone posted that they will mail first but I am not sure who.

Guest moodyj2000

Just for shits and giggles I am going to give them a call. I will post when I am done.

Guest moodyj2000

Now I know that there has been a lot of BS posted but for the first time I actually had a pretty informational conversation with the board and it goes like this:

Q: Can you tell me any information about when the PE results will be out?

A: We are working to get them all mailed out by this Friday but will make no gaurantees of that.

Q: Just out of curiosity what has taken so long this time?

A: Well everyone is told that it normally takes 12 weeks to get results and that is the middle of July. Now we are normally faster than that so we are not too bad off this time.

Q: Well, you know how it is once everyone sees other states are getting results?

A: Yes I know and I am not exactly sure why it is taking us a little longer than usual to get them out but like I said we hope to have all of the mailings done this Friday.

Q from her to me: By the way did you take the PE exam?

A from me to her: Yes ma'am I did.

Response from her to me: I would recommend checking the license lookup this Friday. If we get the results sent the database will be updated that same day. You will not get any information but if you pass you will be listed.

I then asked several questions about getting a certification letter sent to NC and then thanked her for being as upfront as allowed with me. She said just be patient that they are working to get them out.

Take this for what it is worth but it jives with an earlier conversation I had with them and the lady actually tooked the time to try and explain it unlike pevious calls. So whip out the productivity and be hopeful that it is this week.

Guest engnrkitty

It is about time someone took the time to answer. I can't imagine waiting the rest of this week but I guess we dont have a choice.

Guest moodyj2000

Well that is not to say that they will not get it out earlier. Friday just seems like the deadline they are trying to beat. We can hope. :dunno:

Guest moodyj2000

One flaw, not all of the three board members live in Richmond and I am sure that they all three review the list prior to releasing the results. Therefore some form of transmittal would have to occur. Also, the board members don't work for the board full time so the review would have to occur at their convenience.

Also, I wrote down the list of EES States and noted that out of the seven only PA had released results. CT, IA, MA, NJ, VA and Puerto Rico have not as far as I can tell.

Guest Catatonic

Mine isn't either. Maybe they are comity licenses. I checked a few other names, and they weren't there either.

Guest Catatonic

That sucks then, because I'm not on it either. :brick:

Guest jtn2diving

Virginia Results are up. I passed

Guest Catatonic

Congrats! I guess I'm taking it again in October. :suicide:

Daggon Sapper, I'm still holding out hope till your letter.

Guest jtn2diving

Thanks, and good luck. I hope that they have not finished putting in the names.

Guest engnrkitty

I passed! Yeah! I took the ME HVAC.

Guest engnrkitty

jtn2diving, is your name in the beginning of the alphabet - is it possible they are only half way through. A guy here I studied with who definately should have passed doesnt have his name up yet so I was wondering if they were doing it alphabetically - my last name starts with a C

Guest crazycatlady

I PASSED!!! One of my (even slightly more nuerotic) coworkers had already looked it up this morning and it was posted in my cube when I got in!! Woohoo!!! Never again...I am sooo purging all of that useless information from my brain now!

Okay boss man, where's my moo-laa?

Oh - and my last name begins with a M. Don't know about the alphabet theory, but I do remember from last year that it took them three days to get all the results up - they probably only did Civil's and something else today. So - keep your chins up until that letter comes!!

Sign in to follow this