VIRGINIA - RESULTS - Page 3 - APR 2006 - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Guest moodyj2000

VIRGINIA - RESULTS

Guest Serene-PE

That is get news about EES, if the lady that told you is telling the truth! Can't be too long now! :thumbsup:

Guest Serene-PE

That is supposed to say "great" news.

Guest JPMORGN11

These guys kill me at EES. Why so many different stories?

I just called there today (maybe 2 hrs ago) and they told me something very different.

The said they would, (and I quote) "hopefully have the results out to the states within 2 weeks."

Why the games?

I understand that these folks are not obligated to fully disclose anything to us lowly examinees. I do.

But, why the flat out lying? It's almost comical. It's a totally different story that I get from these folks every single time I call.

I hope you're right about this one anyway.

Guest Serene-PE

Well, I heard it through the grape vine so don't put too much stock in it. :brick:

Guest crazycatlady

Well - for the October 2005 exam, they updated the website on a Friday. So - I'm just hoping they follow that trend again this time...

I don't know why they have to be so vague when you call - I had some issues registering for the test this time, and they were nothing but nice on the phone when I called. Why they have to get all defensive and non-helpful now is beyond me....

Oh well - just our luck it will be next Friday, not this one :blink:

Guest moodyj2000

I am by no means defending them since I believe a policy of transparent honesty would have saved them some grief, but put yourself in their shoes. They go through this every six months. Over time they have just become desensatized to it all. They know if they say the results are in the office the next thing will be people hounding them for the results over the phone. Also, if they say they have them and sent them out then you have every person with longer than normal mail delivery times calling and wanting to know where their letter is. I can sympathize with the need to just toss out the usual statement and let it be. :whatever:

Guest VaEngineer

I just called about a half an hour ago - 1:30 PM EST and they said they expect to mail out the results late this week or early next week. I questioned the person that answered that end of this week is Friday and its tomorrow, She said that all the information they had.

I also questioned her, usually they post those who pass on their website prior to mailing out, and she said they would mail out first this time. This is someone with DPOR - Very reliable; I have no reason to question them.

It takes two days to receive anything from Richmond - I am surprised that they would not post the results as they mail them out.

Anyhow that is the lates info I have; The repeat percent pass for repeat takers- Civil (that is who I am , second try) = 35% so I am hoping am one of them and not part of the other 65% - Perhaps these pass rates do not apply to Virginia yet, maybe someone can clarify that.

Thanks

Guest VaEngineer

I did not catch her name; but when you call you press 3 and someone with DPOR answers - and there is not way you would have gotten the mail - She said they would mail them out the end of the week or beg. of next week and they have not mailed anything out - so either they intend on sending out letters tomorrow (FRIDAY = End of Week) or sometime between Monday - Friday of next week June 26 - 30.

That is all I have , please add input as information is available, THANK YOU ALL.

Guest engnrkitty

VaEngineer - where is Va are you - Im in Va beach - anxiously waiting results!

Guest moodyj2000

So hear is the deal with calling DPOR. Anyone answering the phones is simply being updated as needed by those who are taking care of the results. No matter what has been said in previous posts it could still easily be another week.

I called and instead of jumping right into the results question I quized on other issues such as certification letters, process for applying for a second exam, and how to check results using the website (which I already knew). This allowed for open communication with two seperate individuals. They are basically telling people about what they are hearing and being told. They hope to get the results out this week or next but no one knows for sure because again it is only what they are being told by those behind the scenes. Neither individual had even heard whether or not the results were actually in the office. This means they could be coming now or not at all till who knows.

From my past conversations with the board prior to the exam I got the impression that exam results are mailed from board member to board member (there are three for architects, land surveyors, and engineers) and the sent to the office to be dissiminated. The board members don't work in Richmond and therefore have to mail things to one another. I sincerely hope they come tomorrow but I might have to tap into my lucky six pack just to make it through another week. Hopefully all good things come to those who wait.

Guest Catatonic

I talked to a reliable source last night, and the word I got was that the DPOR has all the results. They will be sending them out either today or early next week. Also, the DPOR website will be updated approximately one day before you recieve your letter in the mail.

Guest Catatonic

I'm in Chesapeake. I feel the same way. I also felt that way when I took the EIT, and I passed that the first time. So hoepfully that's a good sign. What discipline did you take? I did Electrical - Power.

Guest engnrkitty

So if we will see it on the website one day before we recieve our letter does that mean it could be on the website today??? :dunno:

Guest moodyj2000

Yeah, and pigs may fly out of my butt :lmao:

Guest Catatonic

You definietly won't see it tomorrow - you don't expect a state employee to work on a Saturday, do you?

Guest engnrkitty

So what your saying is us checking that website 20 times a day is kind of a waste :huh:

Guest engnrkitty

Well i think we pretty much have it covered. I check my last name, then my first name then a few random numbers, then the 3 guys I studied with . . .

I like the John Smith Method - With thinking like that you should definately be a PE

Guest moodyj2000

I like the John Smith technique. I will give it a try tomorrow. I searched the database with wild cards starting with 04* and found a lot of holes up to 042432 at which point not further numbers are present. The two numbers I use the most are 041282 and 042432. The former has a line of Oct 05 awardees just prior to it and then a couple of holes. The latter is the number after the last number I could find in the database. I was suprised at how many holes exist. Out of each sequence of ten I found most only have 3-5 numbers assigned. I wonder what the rest were? I would think from a practical standpoint you wouldn't want to recycle numbers due to someone pulling out an old set of drawings and finding a number that references someone entirely different. However, I have found that if you scan the between the above mentioned numbers in groups of ten you will find the dates our not sequential. Any thoughts?

Also, state employees will not work on Saturdays but IT types might. They probably hand the list off to the webmaster to update. Those guys work late nights and weekends. They also have beedy little eyes and small hands like carnies!!!!!!!!!

Guest cdhanners

the NC wesite was updated after hours, and I think SC was also.

Guest moodyj2000

And so ends another week without knowing jack. Hmm, I was really hoping to have something to celebrate this weekend. Is this frustrating or I am a Gigantic DoucheBag

Guest moodyj2000

Has anyone called the knuckleheads today to find out today's line of crap? I am too depressed at the thought of another weekend of waiting. Georgia's results at the last minute isn't helping either.

Keep your head up Road Guy they could be updating by discipline, section, etc. I would give up till the papers in hand.

Guest Catatonic

OK Ladies and Gentlemen, is this going to be the week?

Guest moodyj2000

Now, now. Everyone was told that they have 10 to 12 weeks to get us results. Anything prior to that is doing us a favor.

Anyway, I hope it is this week. According to most of my conversations with the staff last week it will probably mail at some point this week. Now, when the website gets updated is anybody's guess. Just be thankful that we are not in California.

Guest moodyj2000

I was scanning the historics last night and noticed Virginia normally falls either normal or faster than normal on the delivery dates. I cannot figure out what is so special about this time. What scares me is that if they delay past this week we go into a holiday week were nothing will happen.

As far as storming the castle, I live about seven hours away and the battle will be over before I arrive. Nonetheless, lead the charge and I will pull up the rear!!!!!!!!! :dsgt:

Sign in to follow this