Taking Surveying Exam in July - CA-Seismic/Survey Exams - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
Mr. RaiderNutt

Taking Surveying Exam in July

Hello Everyone,

I’m scheduled to take the surveying exam in July. I’m kinda nervous about it; I used EET as a prep course, watched all the videos, completed all the problems and did the CBT practice exams. I think I feel prepared but I wanted to ask if anyone who has or is taking the exam felt or feel EET coursework was/is enough to pass the exam? Any advice on how to approach the exam or feedback from their experience much appreciated. Thanks

Depending how much time you have before your exam, you might give the PE Prepared practice exam a look (https://www.amazon.com/dp/1796826294/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_Q.o.Eb9D6HBXN). I used the 8-hour versions of these practice tests in my preparation for the 8-hour exam, and am now using the Survey version. Admittedly they are less difficult than the actual exam, but they provide good practice for test taking strategy/time efficiency. And it never hurts to go through more practice problems! 

My application just got cleared by the board.

Even I am wondering as to what is the best prep material for Surveying. It would be great if anyone who took tests recently can pitch-in. 

Thanks @PE_Candidate. My exam is on the 10th but I’ll look and see if amazon prime will deliver in a day or two. Have you heard anything about EET or use it for your surveying study? @wannabe_PE yes, it would be nice to hear thoughts from recent test takers. I am curious on what others have to say about EET. 

Yeah I used some of the EET stuff in my studies. I took the exam yesterday and can say that the EET material pretty well covers what I saw on the exam. As far as difficulty goes, the questions were not too far off from what was in the PE Prepared practice exam. That being said, I think the most important thing will be how fast you can get through the exam. A good test taking strategy is absolutely critical, as you will not have enough time if you get caught up on lengthier problems. Take a few full 2.5 hour practice exams and work out a test strategy that works best for you.

I bought two book from 20 years ago. studied and took the test yesterday. DONT study for Public Land and PE vs Land surveyor.  dont spend too much time on one question.  I almost couldn't finish on time

On 7/3/2020 at 1:02 PM, IAMNOTAPEYET said:

I bought two book from 20 years ago. studied and took the test yesterday. DONT study for Public Land and PE vs Land surveyor.  dont spend too much time on one question.  I almost couldn't finish on time

Why didn’t you just read this ahead of time so you’d know what to prepare for https://www.bpelsg.ca.gov/applicants/plan_civsurvey.pdf