Taking seismic on July 31. Will my results be released in August or September?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Learning

Reaction score
Going to take Seismic on July 31.

- will my results be released in August or September?

- if I fail, will I have enough time to apply for re-examination in Q3?

Thanks in advanced :)

I believe your results are released in the month following your exam date. So, in your case, they would be released in August. Not sure if that will change with all that's going on.

From what I've seen, you're only able to take the exam once within the revised Q3-Q4 time frame, so if you don't pass, you'll have to wait until Q1 of 2021. This was on the Prometric website:

* Due to the temporary closure of the exam sites in parts of Quarter 1 and Quarter 2 as a result of Covid-19, a one-time modification is being made to the testing availability for the remainder of 2020. Quarters 3 and 4 will be merged into one six-month window to accommodate all eligible candidates.

**Candidates are eligible to test only once during the six-month window.

Going to take Seismic on July 31.

- will my results be released in August or September?

- if I fail, will I have enough time to apply for re-examination in Q3?

Thanks in advanced :)
Very good chance you will have time.  All about when the Board receives your re-examination form.  And, because I know some will try, no you cannot submit a re-examination form prior to receiving your results just in case.

The above is under normal times.  Does not apply for latter half of 2020 just as plainjane said.

Last edited by a moderator:
I believe your results are released in the month following your exam date. So, in your case, they would be released in August. Not sure if that will change with all that's going on.

From what I've seen, you're only able to take the exam once within the revised Q3-Q4 time frame, so if you don't pass, you'll have to wait until Q1 of 2021. This was on the Prometric website:

* Due to the temporary closure of the exam sites in parts of Quarter 1 and Quarter 2 as a result of Covid-19, a one-time modification is being made to the testing availability for the remainder of 2020. Quarters 3 and 4 will be merged into one six-month window to accommodate all eligible candidates.

**Candidates are eligible to test only once during the six-month window.
Ahhh yes you are right. Also called the board and confirmed that’s the case. Thank you! 

Very good chance you will have time.  All about when the Board receives your re-examination form.  And, because I know some will try, no you cannot submit a re-examination form prior to receiving your results just in case.

The above is under normal times.  Does not apply for latter half of 2020 just as plainjane said.
Thanks for the reminder about waiting for the results before re-applying. Will keep that in mind.

Back