Synchronous Machine - Zero-Sequence Impedance, Parallel Circuit Method

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

akyip

Reaction score
Hey guys

While working on Cram for Exam questions, one of the questions is about finding a synchronous machine's zero-sequence impedance, using given readings from a voltmeter and ammeter in a "parallel circuit method".

I tried to look up a bit more on the parallel circuit method, but couldn't find anything. Is there any sort of text, literature, etc. that elaborates more on this parallel circuit method? And any other methods of determining sequence impedances for synchronous machines that you guys think would be important for the PE exam?

Thanks!

Hey guys

While working on Cram for Exam questions, one of the questions is about finding a synchronous machine's zero-sequence impedance, using given readings from a voltmeter and ammeter in a "parallel circuit method".

I tried to look up a bit more on the parallel circuit method, but couldn't find anything. Is there any sort of text, literature, etc. that elaborates more on this parallel circuit method? And any other methods of determining sequence impedances for synchronous machines that you guys think would be important for the PE exam?

Thanks!
What is the exam number and question number you are referencing?

Cram for Exam Vol 2, question 47.
See IEEE standard 115 "IEEE Guide for Test Procedures for Synchronous Machines" year 2009 section 10.6.1.2.

Go to my website and email me if you want further information that I am unable to provide here.

Back