delete topic

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I won't lie it took the wind right out of me when they canceled our test. I did my Fe the right way and i did my PE the right way. I sacrificed an entire 5.5 months from my wife and kids and spend at a minimum 20 hours a week studying (on top of working 45-60 hours a week). It has done something psychologically to me for them to just "cancel" our test. It honestly made me lose all the respect for the process. Like I will have my PE, but they have taken my journey from me. If Corona is still a factor, I pray they still have the test but in multiple smaller groups and simply charge us more because they need more proctors. That's understandable. 

Anyways, here is my conversation with NCEES: 

[SIZE=.8em]Kim [/SIZE][SIZE=.8em]09:31[/SIZE]​

Hello Customer. How may I help you?

[SIZE=.8em]Customer [/SIZE][SIZE=.8em]09:32[/SIZE]​

Morning Kim. Has NCEES said anything about the PE exam in October. If they are willing to have the exam etc?

[SIZE=.8em]Kim [/SIZE][SIZE=.8em]09:33[/SIZE]​

Registration for the October 2020 exam will open on June 1, 2020 at 10:00 am EDT and close on August 20, 2020 at 3:00 pm EDT.

Yes it is planned to happen.

[SIZE=.8em]Customer [/SIZE][SIZE=.8em]09:34[/SIZE]​

I hope so Kim. I don't know if you can give any feedback up the chain but anyone that is taking this exam usually has a good income. Please, I understand if we need smaller rooms which means more protctors.

Just triple the price ot justify that so we can take the test. Instead of just canceling

Thanks again for our response, have a lovely day. ❤️

Read
There is so much in this whole statement that leaves me with "I can't even" reactions. 

I feel your pain.... but I’m not sure if you should speak for everyone’s income, in light of our current worldly events.

I did my Fe the right way and i did my PE the right way.
For starters, what does this even mean?!

I sacrificed an entire 5.5 months from my wife and kids and spend at a minimum 20 hours a week studying (on top of working 45-60 hours a week). 
Yeah, and if you had failed (which is likely for the Power PE exam), you'd be doing it again. Chalk it up to figuring out your weaknesses. We all studied our butts off, it's part of the price you pay to be a PE. 

It honestly made me lose all the respect for the process. Like I will have my PE, but they have taken my journey from me.
This is horse dookie. You're throwing a tantrum because the PE Exam wasn't your "perfect, special event." You sound more like a Bridezilla than a Professional Engineer. This is super immature of you. 

Starting January 2nd the exam moves to CBT format and you can schedule it for any time of year you like.  That should free up your schedule a lot.

Back