Any other state with state-specific exams?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

orticio

Reaction score
Hi there,

Just wondering... do you guys know any state other than California that requires a state-specific exam(s) to obtain the PE Civil license?

Thanks a lot.

Mike

I know that Guam requires you to take the California specific seismic exam.

Alaska does not have a separate exam requirement, but you must complete an Arctic Engineering Course to be licensed.

I'm not sure about other Western states at the moment. Possibly Washington still has a state specific exam.

Not a state-specific exam, per se, but if you're looking to practice structural engineering in Georgia, that state has been known to require the 16-hour SE Exam to earn a PE license.  But that's a whole other ball of wax that's been discussed at length on other threads.  

I have California PE. Do I need to take any other exams to be licensed in Alaska? I know that I must you must complete an Arctic Engineering Course. How about Alaska seismic course/exam?

I have California PE. Do I need to take any other exams to be licensed in Alaska? I know that I must you must complete an Arctic Engineering Course. How about Alaska seismic course/exam?

Other than successfully completing the Arctic Engineering course (it's available via remotely through UAA); just submit an application for reciprocity with the board.

Alaska doesn't have a seismic specific exam at this time.

Back