Hello World! FE date set for August 6, King of Prussia!

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hendrik

Reaction score
Hey Everyone! 

Moments ago I just registered for my FE (something I've been telling myself I should sign up for during the past two years) and I have my date set for August 6! I have ordered all my materials from the NCEES account website, along with both my practical Lindeburg Mechanical Review manual and extra practice problem set. I'm in the process of planning out my study schedule and I am considering incorporating a comprehensive virtual review course online. The idea is to mainly focus on the Lindeburg review manual as I have read and heard many good things about it's technique but I was wondering if any of you have good online lecture recommendations. 

Let me know about YOUR experience studying and taking the FE Exam! I would LOVE to incorporate your favorite things into my program and update EB on my experiences with them! 

I am a full time combustion engineer working out of PA and I am fresh out of college - Temple winter class of 2019. 

Thanks! 

HJB

Welcome to the site, and best of luck with your FE exam! I'll be honest, I took the exam back in the dark ages of pencil/paper...but there are plenty of resources here on this site to help you with studying!

King of Prussia, my relatives live not too far from that area :) I really like Pennsylvania. 

Thanks @txjennah PE !!

The new format has been interesting to dive into. I spent four hours studying geometry and trig to realize that there might only be two questions on it during the exam.... D': Oh well, live and learn! 

Welcome, Hendrik!

Good luck with your studying. I hope your exam is still on, with the safety from COVID-19 and all still in tact.

@Hendrik I took the test a few years ago, a few months after the test switched to computer based testing. I don't have much help as the specifics of mechanical exam, but the best general advice I can tell anyone is to take practice problems a few weeks ahead of the scheduled exam to identify areas where you need to do any more studying. I would also say that if it really comes down to it and you don't feel ready a week or two ahead of time, it might be worth it to reschedule. It will be less cost and trouble if you only need to take it once. I pushed back my test date 3 or 4 months from my original scheduled date and I passed on my first try. You have up to 48 hours before the scheduled exam time to do so.

Back