March 2020 Exam Results

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RhoYourBoat

Reaction score
I guess cancelling the later half of March exams pushed the results date up. This would be the cruelest April Fool's joke ever, but I think it's real LOL. I PASSED!! Officially done with all my exams 😭

image.png

Congratulations to you! 
Any advice/tips based on your March exam vs studying ? 

I would appreciate any tips on classes or books for the surveying exam. 

Thanks

Congratulations to you! 
Any advice/tips based on your March exam vs studying ? 

I would appreciate any tips on classes or books for the surveying exam. 

Thanks

Thanks!! I would say for me, it's tough because the pacing felt way faster than the seismic exam. This is probably due to lack of precise resources (compared to the spot-on Hiner/EET tables for the seismic). I used the following:

1. Reza Mahallati at surveyingreview.com - The book has a really good set of questions and a full exam I used for a mock exam. Barely used the webinars.
  2. Civil PE Surveying Review Reference Manual by CPESR.com - Definitely not comprehensive but really good as a cheat sheet for geometry/formulas/extra notes.
  3. Elementary Surveying by Ghilani Wolf - Used a couple of times on both attempts, always good to have a reference book for random definitions or theory problems.
Everyone's method will vary, but I do best learning methods for the exam vs. mastery of the topics themselves. Overall, I think speed and practice are key here. Good luck to you both!

Last edited by a moderator:
For anyone lurking here... Per the February results thread, they are behind in issuing licenses, even some passing in January not seeing their name up on the DCA license search through mid-March. Maybe March exams will get theirs in May?

California Board staff are still actively working on applications and licensing. The cancellation of the remaining exams in March did cause some minor disruption in licenses but they are getting caught up. I’ve been told there will be another licensing run anticipated for 4/10 with the latest round of exam results. If anyone has any questions related specifically to their own situation, please feel free to send me a private message and I’ll see what I can do. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Back