Prometric CBT Centers Temporarily Closed

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For those who were scheduled to take it this quarter but can no longer do so due to the closures, do we need to fill out a postponement form? Or will we be automatically approved to take it during Quarter 2? Alternatively, should I just wait until we are provided instructions by email? Thank you for the heads up.

According to the posted message, any candidate already scheduled will be contacted by Prometric to reschedule.  If this progresses beyond the stated 30 days, I'm sure more info will be provided.

For those affected by this, when are you planning to reschedule tests to? I was supposed to take Seismic on the 28th of March, but now might aim to reschedule for late April. However, since it's not certain they'll be open after mid-April, I'm not sure I want to take that chance and might just go for May or June, if allowed.

For those affected by this, when are you planning to reschedule tests to? I was supposed to take Seismic on the 28th of March, but now might aim to reschedule for late April. However, since it's not certain they'll be open after mid-April, I'm not sure I want to take that chance and might just go for May or June, if allowed.
You'll easily be allowed to reschedule to any date within the quarter that you were originally authorized for.  I'm sure that if the closure date extends beyond the stated 30 days, the California Board will consider other options for candidates.

You'll easily be allowed to reschedule to any date within the quarter that you were originally authorized for.  I'm sure that if the closure date extends beyond the stated 30 days, the California Board will consider other options for candidates.
I was authorized for Q1 2020 (January to March). Does that mean I won't easily be able to reschedule to dates in Q2?

My main question, I guess, was what others who were affected by the cancellations were planning on doing. I haven't been contacted by Prometric to reschedule yet, so I'm not sure what the process will be like.

I was authorized for Q1 2020 (January to March). Does that mean I won't easily be able to reschedule to dates in Q2?

My main question, I guess, was what others who were affected by the cancellations were planning on doing. I haven't been contacted by Prometric to reschedule yet, so I'm not sure what the process will be like.
Great question!  If you were previously authorized/scheduled for any date within the current Q1, Prometric will be contacting you to reschedule per the message on the Board's website.  My guess is that there may be a delay in that notification since MANY companies are transitioning offices to remote working environments with some that have just chosen to shut down for a short time.  I haven't heard what exactly Prometric is doing with their staff as a company, but I know that NCEES has shut their doors for at least 30 days with essential staff working remotely to be able to serve their customers with online services.

I just spoke to someone from BPELSG and they said that anyone approved to test in Q1 will be able to reschedule for any date within Q2 (after Prometric test centers open again), as opposed to extending their window by a month or something like that.

Great question!  If you were previously authorized/scheduled for any date within the current Q1, Prometric will be contacting you to reschedule per the message on the Board's website.  My guess is that there may be a delay in that notification since MANY companies are transitioning offices to remote working environments with some that have just chosen to shut down for a short time.  I haven't heard what exactly Prometric is doing with their staff as a company, but I know that NCEES has shut their doors for at least 30 days with essential staff working remotely to be able to serve their customers with online services.
I wonder how this will affect those of us waiting for our March seismic/survey exam scores... I took mine on the 13th and was expecting somewhere around April 13-15. Will the results also be pushed back? Which board grades the state exams?

I wonder how this will affect those of us waiting for our March seismic/survey exam scores... I took mine on the 13th and was expecting somewhere around April 13-15. Will the results also be pushed back? Which board grades the state exams?
You should reach out to the California Board for those answers as that is the only place that can respond to these.

Just FYI I was approved for Q1, and Prometric emailed me yesterday my new exam date is 04/30. I guess they’ll postpone again if the situation hasn’t improved by then. 

Just FYI I was approved for Q1, and Prometric emailed me yesterday my new exam date is 04/30. I guess they’ll postpone again if the situation hasn’t improved by then. 
Did you have a choice for your new testing date? I haven't heard from them, still, and am curious if they'll just hand me a date or let me pick a new one.

What was your original testing date? My seismic was scheduled for March 30th, and the only email I got from prometric was on the 27th which was a confirmation for my March 30th exam, which was obviously canceled on the 17th. To date, still haven't heard anything and they've updated their website to say "By now, you should have received email instructions for how to reschedule an existing examination appointment for a future date."

Starting to get worried....

What was your original testing date? My seismic was scheduled for March 30th, and the only email I got from prometric was on the 27th which was a confirmation for my March 30th exam, which was obviously canceled on the 17th. To date, still haven't heard anything and they've updated their website to say "By now, you should have received email instructions for how to reschedule an existing examination appointment for a future date."

Starting to get worried....
My original survey test date was 03/30, and it was rescheduled to 04/30. 

My original survey test date was 03/30, and it was rescheduled to 04/30. 
So we had the same testing day. You got an email on the 27th saying yours got postponed to April 30th, and I got an email confirmation on the 27th saying my exam was still on March 30th? So either someone messed up and my exam shouldn't have been canceled despite them issueing cancelations until April 16th, or someone messed up and wrote March 30th instead of April 30th? Either way its their fault.

Could you share that email/confirmation email that they sent you where they rescheduled it to the April 30? I want to see what it looks like. Please and thanks

So we had the same testing day. You got an email on the 27th saying yours got postponed to April 30th, and I got an email confirmation on the 27th saying my exam was still on March 30th? So either someone messed up and my exam shouldn't have been canceled despite them issueing cancelations until April 16th, or someone messed up and wrote March 30th instead of April 30th? Either way its their fault.

Could you share that email/confirmation email that they sent you where they rescheduled it to the April 30? I want to see what it looks like. Please and thanks
Rbn19, please send me your name and contact info in a private message and I’ll check on it for you Monday. 

Back