April 2020 Cancelled?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MikeGlass1969

Reaction score
Just read on the NCEES facebook page that the April 2020 exams have been cancelled.   I thought with the move to to CBT, thing were in the works to take the test at anytime, like exam center???  

Just read on the NCEES facebook page that the April 2020 exams have been cancelled.   I thought with the move to to CBT, thing were in the works to take the test at anytime, like exam center???  
Not all exams are CBT. I think Civil and Structural exams are still paper-based. So, those are cancelled. For CBT, NCEES is saying to contact Pearson VUE Centers if you want to reschedule.

https://ncees.org/news/

Latest information on COVID-19 response

Posted on March 3, 2020 at 2:12 p.m.March 13, 2020

NCEES has been monitoring the coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) and its potential impact on our programs and services for several weeks. With a pandemic officially declared for COVID-19, NCEES is taking the following actions to help contain and slow the spread of the virus.

• The April 2020 paper-and-pencil exam administration is canceled.

Examinees who are registered to take an exam during this administration will receive an automatic full refund of fees paid to NCEES.
  • Exams offered only once a year during the April 2020 administration will be offered during the October 2020 administration.
  • Registration dates for the October 2020 exam administration will be announced soon.
  • Additional information will be emailed directly to affected examinees.

[*]All NCEES meetings scheduled to take place between March 15 and May 2 are canceled.

• Meetings scheduled to begin after May 2 will be reassessed as we learn more.
  • Meeting attendees will receive an email with additional information specific to their meeting. The email will include instructions on canceling travel arrangements and if the meeting will be rescheduled.

The decision to cancel the April 2020 exam administration and upcoming meetings was not made lightly. These actions support the NCEES vision and mission to safeguard the health, safety, and welfare of the public. While we strive to achieve this every day through the programs and services we provide to the engineering and surveying professions, this decision should serve as a reminder that safeguarding the health, safety, and welfare of the public is at the heart of everything we do.

CBT examinees
Computer-based testing (CBT) examinees who wish to reschedule an existing appointment should contact Pearson VUE to request a waiver of the reschedule fee. CBT examinees should also contact Pearson VUE with questions about a specific test center.

Additional information
Additional updates will be provided as needed. For the latest information on impacted areas, visit the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention website.

News release (PDF): NCEES responds to COVID-19 pandemic

Here's the latest (the CBT exams are cancelled now too): https://ncees.org/covid-19/

Pearson VUE Professional Test Centers Close in the United States and Canada
Pearson VUE professional test centers in the United States and Canada are now closed and will remain closed until April 16 or whenever conditions are deemed safe to reopen.

Pearson VUE has notified impacted examinees. NCEES is working with Pearson VUE to allow these examinees to reschedule an exam appointment at no charge. Once these details are confirmed, NCEES will send more information to impacted examinees via email.

My exam was scheduled for April 3 and it was cancelled. I rescheduled it for April 27 for free. We will see if that gets cancelled too.

Back