April Exams are CANCELED

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I haven’t taken the exam before, but I have spent the last 5 months going the EET’s ondemand course and I was on the second to last video in my last depth session and I read this. Considered crying, laughed a little, I think I’m in the verge of insanity. Welp I guess it’s more time to study but man this is a punch in the gut. My apologies to anyone else going through the same thing. 

The subject line is a little misleading. Please realize that April Pencil-and-Paper exams are canceled. Computer-based exams are still happening (as of now).

Edit: but yeah, sorry for everyone impacted. This is rough!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so sorry for you guys! I know it would've crushed me if I were in your shoes. I hope you all keep studying (even slowly) until the next administration. I couldn't imagine being this close and stopping my study process to have to restart in a couple months.

We know and understand this is an unprecedented situation, but we would have expected at least a tentative from NCEES to postpone the exam in june or july by taking all the necessary public health precautions as for example distribute the exam in a week by congregating not more than 80 people a day rather then concentrating 400 people in a gym in one day and direct them to use an approved face mask... of course the exam location must be highly disinfected as they are doing EXACTLY now in most of the schools and indoor public areas.

I get why, but at the same time it's not like everyone is huddled around each other. Sucks to cancel it a month before the exam. Courses have been taken, hours spent studying and career advancements on hold. I feel bad you you folks who have spent hours and days studying. 

We know and understand this is an unprecedented situation, but we would have expected at least a tentative from NCEES to postpone the exam in june or july by taking all the necessary public health precautions as for example distribute the exam in a week by congregating not more than 80 people a day rather then concentrating 400 people in a gym in one day and direct them to use an approved face mask... of course the exam location must be highly disinfected as they are doing EXACTLY now in most of the schools and indoor public areas.
Doing multi-day testing would open the test up for collusion. And could open folks to having their exams invalidated. Not a good idea. 

Not possible, not everyone would be able to agree on postponement date. It'd wouldn't be fair to those who had paid for an agreed upon date. Only option they had was October. Stop complaining and start social distancing like a responsible adult. 

These are crazy times - I feel for you all who were getting ready to hit this thing!

As an old timer dude I would recommend just focusing on the here and now to get through the next 2-3 months then ramp back up and do it all over again! - Sucks I know!

It really sucks for the people who studied for so long and now the exam is cancelled. 
I think NCEES will have to administer the exam in October. The question is, how will state boards accommodate so many people taking the exam in October?

Cancelling the exams was probably a last resort thing for NCEES. with the Coronavirus spreading like wildfire, its for everyone's best interest to not sit in a gym with 100 people taking an exam/ spreading the virus among the test takers.

The question is, how will state boards accommodate so many people taking the exam in October?

Cancelling the exams was probably a last resort thing for NCEES. with the Coronavirus spreading like wildfire, its for everyone's best interest to not sit in a gym with 100 people taking an exam/ spreading the virus among the test takers.
NCEES handles all of the logistics of administering the exams. The state boards merely grant candidates permission to sit for the exam. I have no idea how NCEES will figure out the details for twice as many candidates, but I'm sure they'll figure it out with enough lead time. 

October is still seven months away, lots of things can change wrt covid between now and then. They'll certainly evaluate conditions as the exam date approaches and determine the necessary course of action.

I haven’t taken the exam before, but I have spent the last 5 months going the EET’s ondemand course and I was on the second to last video in my last depth session and I read this. Considered crying, laughed a little, I think I’m in the verge of insanity. Welp I guess it’s more time to study but man this is a punch in the gut. My apologies to anyone else going through the same thing. 

Same and felt so ready too. Oh well, I have time to do it all over and better.

Back