Coronavirus - Anything about the PE Exam - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
Sign in to follow this  
mklee1986

Coronavirus

36 minutes ago, mklee1986 said:

Any chance PE exams are cancelled due to Coronavirus? 

This crossed my mind today. I hope not.

I guess anything is possible, but I wouldn't expect cancellations with the current risk level in the US. Could change an any moment though.

Hmmm, I see that the trolling is starting earlier than normal this cycle. 

In all seriousness though, based on present conditions I would fully expect the test to be administered as normal and as scheduled.  

I wouldn't be shocked if local circumstances forces a change, but if that occurs then you'll have much more pressing concerns to deal with.

8 hours ago, mklee1986 said:

Any chance PE exams are cancelled due to Coronavirus? 

Please DO NOT discuss exam questions online!  This is how exams get invalidated!  You signed or will sign an "Agreement."

• fudgey 3

1 hour ago, EB NCEES REP said:

Please DO NOT discuss exam questions online!  This is how exams get invalidated!  You signed or will sign an "Agreement."

I thought I saw a link to a site that was selling questions.  

The NCEES main page actually contains a link to the current exam status with respect to COVID-19, found here: https://ncees.org/latest-information-on-covid-19-response/

As of now everything will be proceeding as scheduled, but I would suggest checking every now and then to ensure there are no changes (particularly if you happen to live in one of the areas with the most cases).

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Ruth_W said:

The NCEES main page actually contains a link to the current exam status with respect to COVID-19, found here: https://ncees.org/latest-information-on-covid-19-response/

I came into the office today and we had an 'All-Hands' meeting to discuss COVID-19. We're a global company so it's being monitored closely. The thought of the virus affecting the exam crossed my mind the other day but I pushed the though aside. I just went to NCEES.org to check on something else and I saw the notification on the home page. My heart stopped for a minute.

It looks like a couple a of cases have been confirmed in Wake county in NC which is where I'm taking the exam.

Signs are not looking good so I just made sure my hotel reservation has hassle free cancellation up to 24-hrs prior 🤣

Work just cancelled conference travel which is a relief. More time to study! I don’t have to lug books with me to a hotel!

8 hours ago, jean15paul_PE said:

here we go with the trolling

just roll with it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RBHeadge PE said:

just roll with it

I mean what else can you do!?!? 

0_facebook_1583933331088.jpg

• Haha 1

"I've got two tickets to paradise..."

• Like 1

Ok, so this just happened... 

COVID-19 NCEES.JPG

• Sad 2

so we can bring in hand sanitizer and wipes and wear face masks...after the proctors touch all over them.  😒

3 minutes ago, civilrobot said:

so we can bring in hand sanitizer and wipes and wear face masks...after the proctors touch all over them.  😒

I would assume "visually" means they will ask you to show it to them. But again we all know how the experiences differ from site to site.

Get some gloves for them to inspect your mask. 😂

Edited by NikR_PE

1 minute ago, NikR_PE said:

I would assume "visually" means they will ask you to show it to them. But again we all know how the experiences differ from site to site.

Get some gloves for them to inspect your mask. 😂

oh goodness 🤦‍♀️

I've also asked how they are making the decision to cancel exam

QUESTION: Can a State board cancel the April exam?

NCEES PERSON (I'm not giving you their name!) 11:40
This would be between the state and NCEES leaders. NCEES is meeting daily to determine the best cause of action. If there are changes you will be notified.

I was originally planning on getting the tiger t-shirt to wear to the exam, but now I'm feeling like the 'smile if you're dead inside' feels more like my mood.

64fb4789f4c8415f51de72143302cdfa.jpg

smile-if-youre-dead-inside-rainbow-vintage-shirt-2.jpg

• Haha 1

58 minutes ago, civilrobot said:

I've also asked how they are making the decision to cancel exam

QUESTION: Can a State board cancel the April exam?

NCEES PERSON (I'm not giving you their name!) 11:40
This would be between the state and NCEES leaders. NCEES is meeting daily to determine the best cause of action. If there are changes you will be notified.

I have a feeling that the decision will be out of the hands of the State PE Boards and NCEES, and will be made at a much higher level. For instance, Gov Inslee (WA) just banned events and gatherings of more than 250 people in the Seattle area. Could that be something that impacts the April administration? Will other states take similar actions?

I'm NOT attempting to troll.

7 minutes ago, RBHeadge PE said:

I have a feeling that the decision will be out of the hands of the State PE Boards and NCEES, and will be made at a much higher level.

I was talking to my husband about that last night. There are events all over the place that are being cancelled as a precaution. So if it comes down to it, will NCEES have to cancel altogether or depending on amount of test takers per state would they be able to split it up to multiple locations for states that have a large amount of people. 🤷‍♀️ 

Time will tell. In the meantime I will keep studying like crazy!

2 minutes ago, daydreambeliever said:

I was talking to my husband about that last night. There are events all over the place that are being cancelled as a precaution. So if it comes down to it, will NCEES have to cancel altogether or depending on amount of test takers per state would they be able to split it up to multiple locations for states that have a large amount of people. 🤷‍♀️ 

Time will tell. In the meantime I will keep studying like crazy!

Same. I'm not killing myself this cycle so I'm ok with studying at this rate.