Recommend an effective FULL Mechanical PE Review Course for Thermal and Fluids please

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MecEng

Reaction score
Recommend an effective FULL Mechanical PE Review Course for Thermal and Fluids please

You want effective?  Put your nose to the grindstone and leave it there.  Seriously.  I was years removed from school and spent a solid three months doing MERM practice problems, practice tests, etc...  I averaged over four hours per day for three months.  Result - I passed.  It's not magic so don't over think it.

Everyone is different. I don't think I would have passed if I did self-study for 4 hours a day. I know I needed a class. Different learning styles I guess.

I'm a MDM guy, so I can't recommend a TFS course. For whatever it's worth, I really loved Dr. Tom's Classroom MDM course. I've seen people say good things about his TFS course on here, but I haven't taken it and obviously can't compare it to anything else.

I took School of PE for TFS after I had put in around 150 hours of self study. Definitely recommend. Passed first try in October.

I took Dr Toms TFS course and it's pretty much the only studying I did. I think it was a very good course that was well thought out and gave an overview of most subjects well. My one complaint was it did not seem to go into complex problems and topics which made me feel unprepared for many of the exam problems. So if I were to do it over again, I would self study more complex topics and problems on the side. I did pass first try in October though so hard for me to complain👌

Back