Indiana License - Experience Requirement

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cvanwy02

Cvanwy02 P.E.
Reaction score
My company asked me to obtain my Ohio and Indiana PE License in addition to my Michigan. 

Found out after paying $75 for NCEES transmittal and $300 for the application fee that Indiana only counts experience obtained AFTER graduation.  Michigan allowed me to count experience prior to graduation since it was full time experience under a P.E.  With that requirement, I wouldn't be able to obtain an IN P.E. License until August 2022.  

They also informed me that there is no refunds 🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃🙃

Still haven't heard back from Ohio but it appears that they handle experience prior to graduation on a case by case basis.

I am going through a similar situation.

I have a job lined up in Georgia that requires that I have my GA PE within 6 months. I took (and passed) the PE exam in Alabama back in October, and my plan was to apply for comity in GA after getting initial licensure in AL (there's a long story about exam application deadlines in GA, but I'm gonna skip that part). Now, Alabama giving me a hard time about my pre-graduation experience. I think they are only going to give me 6 months for my 5+ years.

Do you think Michigan would accept my PE exam results from Alabama? Maybe I can get my initial PE there and get GA comity. 

I am going through a similar situation.

I have a job lined up in Georgia that requires that I have my GA PE within 6 months. I took (and passed) the PE exam in Alabama back in October, and my plan was to apply for comity in GA after getting initial licensure in AL (there's a long story about exam application deadlines in GA, but I'm gonna skip that part). Now, Alabama giving me a hard time about my pre-graduation experience. I think they are only going to give me 6 months for my 5+ years.

Do you think Michigan would accept my PE exam results from Alabama? Maybe I can get my initial PE there and get GA comity. 
You would still have to meet the experience (and other) requirements of the Georgia board.  

Back