CA surveying exam results January 2020

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrTeal

Reaction score
Does anyone know when the January 2020 exam results will be posted?  I usually hear it's the first week of the following month from when you take it but not sure...

From November post.

Seismic and Survey usually com out on the same day.

I'm thinking this Friday is very likely the day.

April 2018 Test Results: May 16, 2018 (Wednesday)

May 2018 Test Results: June 12, 2018 @ 2:15PM (Tuesday)

June 2018 Test Results: July 12, 2018, @ 1:36PM (Thursday)

July 2018 Test Results: August 13, 2018 (Monday)

August 2018 Test Results: September 10, 2018 @ 9:46AM (Monday)

September 2018 Test Results: October 8, 2018 @ 3:38PM (Monday)

October 2018 Test Results: November 7, 2018 @ 12:43PM (Wednesday)

November 2018 Test Results: December 12, 2018 @ 2:53PM (Wednesday)

December 2019 Test Results: January 14, 2019, @ 2:11PM (Wednesday)

January 2019 Test Results:  February 12, 2019, @ 1:50 PM (Tuesday)

February 2019 Test Results: Seismic: March 18, 2019 @ 11:00AM (Monday)
  Surveying: March 18,2019 @3:42PM (Monday)

March 2019 Test Results: Seismic: April 15 ,2019 @ 11:45 AM (Monday)
 Surveying: April 15 ,2019 @2:30 PM (Monday)

April 2019 Test Results: Seismic: May 13th, 2019 @ 10:30 AM (Monday)
Surveying: May 13th 2019 @ 11:30 AM (Monday)

May 2019 Test Results: Seismic: June 6th, 2019 @ 10:10 AM (Thursday)
  Surveying: June 6th 2019 @ 11:00 AM (Thursday)

June 2019 Test Results: July 10th, 2019 (Wednesday)

July 2019 Test Results: August 6th, 2019 (Tuesday)

August 2019 Test Results: September 9th, 2019 (Monday)

September 2019 Test Results: Seismic: October 7th, 2019 (Monday),

Surveying: October 8th, 2019 (Tuesday)

If what Stardust is saying is correct, then it's either Thursday or Monday...best of luck to all!

Last edited by a moderator:
It seems like there has only been a few times where the results come out within the first week of the month. Hoping for that to be true this time around, I can't imagine waiting another week or two!

What courses did you guys take or references used to prepare for the exam?

How did you feel on the exam?

I take it for the second time this month the survey exam

I took the Civil PE Surveying Review Course (CPESR) by Kirk Torrosian and it was great.  It had about 7 problems that showed up on the test almost verbatim.  Of the 55 questions I only guessed on about 6 which left me roughly 10 more to get wrong before I'd run into trouble, assuming 70% passing rate.  Perhaps I should wait til the results come out first though before offering praise, since you just never know...

I didn't end up taking any course - I spent some intern years with the surveying group at my work and they were very helpful with sharing their knowledge. I ended up using Mansour's reference manual as well as a few others that I came across (to clear up any confusion) but mainly did hundreds of practice problems! 

I felt decent on the exam, I definitely was short on time so didn't have the chance to fully go through around 5 problems, and would say only guessed on 3 or 4 more, at most. Fingers crossed that I passed, but I could be way off on my assumptions!

@MrTeal thanks for the response. Did you have prior background survey? I am doing reza and i like it a lot so far but wanted too see if I should do more

Reza and its practice problem is all I needed.

I'm a structural person so I have absolutely 0 background in Surveying except some of the stuff I did in 8 hour exam.

I did Reza and some of its practice problems and when I took Surveying back in November I walked out the the exam center feeling that I probably missed only 1 or 2 problems.

PEMaster,

I had a college course years ago, which I had mostly forgot.  I found the CPESR was very useful in gearing me up for the exam.  The quizes after each section (of which there are eight) build on the previous lessons so they are always testing your knowledge of the previous material plus the new covered stuff, which I thought was extremely helpful.  After the quizes there are (4) exams that are exactly like the actual exam, one is hard, two are medium and the last is hard.  These were pivotal in my opinion as they over-prepare you and give you the confidence you need.  There are many other prep courses and materials out there, but I felt this one was fairly priced and did the job, not to mention its online and you can go at your own pace, great for us working stiffs.

Thanks @MrTeal I am doing Reza which I heard is really good but definitely if I dont pass this time I am going to do your course too. I think Reza over over prepares cause its really hard I am really studying it hard

Has anyone received their results for the seismic & surveying exam given in Jan 2020?

Back