Seismic References

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

plainjane

Reaction score
What are the best portions of IBC 2018 and ASCE 7-16 to have printed out for the Seismic exam?

I know I'll need chapter 12 of ASCE (R values, etc.), but I'm curious about what others brought with them that they found helpful.

Note: I have the EET seismic workbook, not Hiner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I will be honest here, if you only know to print out c12 of ASCE 7 for your exam you are no where close to be ready for it.

Instead of asking what to print here, I would suggest you to actually go work on some examples and see what tables are used.

when taking the exam, in addition to the chapters you printed, I think it is very helpful to print out certain pages that include some values used in ELF method and put them in the front of the code, this will save you tons of time flipping thru the book and potentially make mistakes.

I will be honest here, if you only know to print out c12 of ASCE 7 for your exam you are no where close to be ready for it.
Good thing I'm just getting started with studying. 🙂 I was looking more for suggestions/past experiences to see how people felt about certain chapters and how helpful they were. I don't see how that's any different than asking about reference manual/course recommendations.

Thank you for your advice. I ended up printing out quite a few other chapters with helpful information. 

Good thing I'm just getting started with studying. 🙂 I was looking more for suggestions/past experiences to see how people felt about certain chapters and how helpful they were. I don't see how that's any different than asking about reference manual/course recommendations.

Thank you for your advice. I ended up printing out quite a few other chapters with helpful information. 
 💪 💪 💪

Back