License by Comity - Ohio

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LyceeFruit PE

Woodchipped Voice of Reason
Reaction score
Ok so I've gotta do my NCEES record - I'm working on it.

But I'm looking at the requirements for one of the states I'm told to get. And they require a photo.

So like a passport photo? 

@Will.I.Am PE did you need to submit a photo for your OH application? 

I want to make sure I get the format right 

Ok so I've gotta do my NCEES record - I'm working on it.

But I'm looking at the requirements for one of the states I'm told to get. And they require a photo.

So like a passport photo? 

@Will.I.Am PE did you need to submit a photo for your OH application? 

I want to make sure I get the format right 
I don't recall ever having to submit a photo, but that was quite a few years ago.  If it's handy, you could always use your most recent mugshot...😁

If it doesn't give any specifics, I'd just go to the closest Walgreens and get a passport photo and use that.

@jeb6294 thanks! i found the specifications finally.

it's a passport photo. so now I'm also trying to find my passport so I can just get extra photos printed and renew my passport LOL 

I just looked up what the requirements of a passport photo were.  Working on getting my Ohio and Indiana license... have you got yours back yet @LyceeFruit PE?  Curious how long Ohio takes once you submit application.  I'm assuming Indiana will take forever since everything is done by mail.  

I just looked up what the requirements of a passport photo were.  Working on getting my Ohio and Indiana license... have you got yours back yet @LyceeFruit PE?  Curious how long Ohio takes once you submit application.  I'm assuming Indiana will take forever since everything is done by mail.  
I haven't submitted it yet - I've been focusing on my NCEES record. And I've hit a wall with it because VT Board isn't responsive. I took the FE before MyNCEES existed and so there's no record of my FE/EIT. 

So I might bypass using the NCEES record and apply just using their forms. Which is what I have to do for NJ anyway... 

I haven't submitted it yet - I've been focusing on my NCEES record. And I've hit a wall with it because VT Board isn't responsive. I took the FE before MyNCEES existed and so there's no record of my FE/EIT. 

So I might bypass using the NCEES record and apply just using their forms. Which is what I have to do for NJ anyway... 
That's not fun!

I already have my Michigan license but was asked to get OH and IN too.  Hoping it is a quick process.

Curious, are you in the Utilities industry?

Last edited by a moderator:
That's not fun!

I already have my Michigan license but was asked to get OH and IN too.  Hoping it is a quick process.

Curious, are you in the Utilities industry?
Your tag prompted me to call VT board - after 2 emails I've sent them... Her VM greeting is so long...

I am, you? 

Your tag prompted me to call VT board - after 2 emails I've sent them... Her VM greeting is so long...

I am, you? 
I am.  I work for a consulting firm in Michigan in the substation group.  We do work all of the U.S.

Do you work for a utility company?  

I am.  I work for a consulting firm in Michigan in the substation group.  We do work all of the U.S.

Do you work for a utility company?  
Also consulting, also do work all across the US. 

SUCCESS. After the phone call, Kara emailed me back and my MyNCEES has been updated with my EIT.

Now just to finish up my work experience which is trimming out words since I epically went over the word count. 

SUCCESS. After the phone call, Kara emailed me back and my MyNCEES has been updated with my EIT.

Now just to finish up my work experience which is trimming out words since I epically went over the word count. 
I went over my word count as well.  Even after I trimmed it up and submitted it the reviewer asked me to trim even more off.

My mistake was I listed out every project I did with  the entire scope of work.  They were more looking for things like "I designed" "I checked" etc instead of "Responsible for the design of X which entailed "Y".

I went over my word count as well.  Even after I trimmed it up and submitted it the reviewer asked me to trim even more off.

My mistake was I listed out every project I did with  the entire scope of work.  They were more looking for things like "I designed" "I checked" etc instead of "Responsible for the design of X which entailed "Y".
Well I was at 1213. So I cut out a project and trimmed things up. Got it to 895. Gave it to my first reviewer and it came back at 901 words. My second reviewer helped me get it down to 710 and then I trimmed it to 698. But when I copied it into the box for NCEES, they said I had 6 words leftover lol 

She who could not write in college exceeded word counts now... lol

Well I was at 1213. So I cut out a project and trimmed things up. Got it to 895. Gave it to my first reviewer and it came back at 901 words. My second reviewer helped me get it down to 710 and then I trimmed it to 698. But when I copied it into the box for NCEES, they said I had 6 words leftover lol 

She who could not write in college exceeded word counts now... lol
Too much experience to put in a small box 😉

Back