when will CA PE license come out? - Page 2 - CA-Seismic/Survey Exams - Engineer Boards
Engineer Boards
 photo CHPE_AnimatedWebBanner_650x1202_zps5704d467.gif
AndieWoooooooo

when will CA PE license come out?

Btw, when can we order the stamp? Right away, or do we have to wait for the letter/certificate to come in the mail first?

9 hours ago, Kiosade said:

Btw, when can we order the stamp? Right away, or do we have to wait for the letter/certificate to come in the mail first?

I was wondering is the stamp required to have by the CA board?

Stamp is not required by CA board. My coworker has worked for 22 years, but never stamped any drawings so he didn't get the physic stamp. When I needed his reference, I had to create an electric one on Autocad then print on my envelop and document . 

Edited by Blamouse

My licence was just issued this week with an expiration date of 6/30/2020. Does this mean my licence expiration date will always fall on 6/30 every 2 years?

I'm ordering a physical stamp and would like to include the 6/30/___ format  so I can fill in the year.

18 hours ago, thebruce44 said:

Expires June 30, 2020?! Looks like I'm already on the clock to get PDHs.

I heard CA board does not require any PDHs for maintaining the PE. Correct me if you find some requirements about this.

On 1/23/2020 at 8:00 AM, Matador said:

My licence was just issued this week with an expiration date of 6/30/2020. Does this mean my licence expiration date will always fall on 6/30 every 2 years?

I'm ordering a physical stamp and would like to include the 6/30/___ format  so I can fill in the year.

Yes

5 hours ago, AndieWoooooooo said:

I heard CA board does not require any PDHs for maintaining the PE. Correct me if you find some requirements about this.

CA does not have continuing education requirements at this time.

On 1/24/2020 at 2:57 PM, CAPLS said:

CA does not have continuing education requirements at this time.

Thanks for your reply. I still have not received any emails from the board about the license. is this normal?

In addition, when it is getting close to 6/30, will I receive any emails to remind me of renewing the license?

Thanks.

26 minutes ago, AndieWoooooooo said:

Thanks for your reply. I still have not received any emails from the board about the license. is this normal?

In addition, when it is getting close to 6/30, will I receive any emails to remind me of renewing the license?

Thanks.

Reading above that the date of issuance for your license was January 17, it will still take a little longer for you to receive the letter, wall certificate, and card.  You are listed with a license number in the official license database so its good.

Generally, renewal letters are mailed out approximately 60 days prior to expiration date, but it can vary a little (not handled by the actual Board).  However, it is your responsibility to renew your license even if you do not receive the notice.  Similar to your drivers license.

On 1/27/2020 at 4:09 PM, CAPLS said:

Reading above that the date of issuance for your license was January 17, it will still take a little longer for you to receive the letter, wall certificate, and card.  You are listed with a license number in the official license database so its good.

Generally, renewal letters are mailed out approximately 60 days prior to expiration date, but it can vary a little (not handled by the actual Board).  However, it is your responsibility to renew your license even if you do not receive the notice.  Similar to your drivers license.

Is it also normal for me that even no congratulations emails received from the board?

On 1/29/2020 at 10:21 AM, AndieWoooooooo said:

Is it also normal for me that even no congratulations emails received from the board?

I still haven't gotten an email or anything aside from the actual license info being displayed on that one site. My coworker said the certificate takes a while to be mailed, but the email didn't take THIS long... not sure what's going on.  My PG friend got her license the same day as us (Jan 17) and received her email this Monday...

On 2/6/2020 at 1:17 PM, Kiosade said:

Anyone get an email or anything? It's been a month now...

What is your last name?

The H-O and P-Z evaluators generally release license #s within 10 days of the receipt of a passing score. 

The A-G evaluator takes 1-2+ months...

I got my wallet paper license certificate in the mail today. (Jan 17 notice of license) Do they usually send this out ahead of the full page license? Anyone know how long it usually takes to receive the full license?

13 hours ago, bickyisone said:

I got my wallet paper license certificate in the mail today. (Jan 17 notice of license) Do they usually send this out ahead of the full page license? Anyone know how long it usually takes to receive the full license?

Most states send the 2 separate as they are handled by different groups. The actual license usually go through the state government, where the wall certificates are issued by the board of engineers. In NJ, I  think it took until almost June to get my wall certificate when I passed the October exam.

• Thanks 1

On 2/7/2020 at 4:43 PM, bickyisone said:

I received my Pocket certificate too, which is the only thing that I received so far.

On 2/7/2020 at 2:35 PM, engdude said:

What is your last name?

The H-O and P-Z evaluators generally release license #s within 10 days of the receipt of a passing score. 

The A-G evaluator takes 1-2+ months...

This is incorrect.  The evaluators process the applications.  They don't actually issue the licenses.

3 hours ago, CAPLS said:

This is incorrect.  The evaluators process the applications.  They don't actually issue the licenses.

I guess I should have been more specific.  Evaluators touch the applications again after the CA exams are passed and forward a final list of "approved" applications to be issued a license number.  I've called the board and they've confirmed as much. Theoretically this process should take a few minutes.

This process of final review and forward for license number issue seems to take a reasonable 3-7 days for the H-O and P-Z evaluators, but 1-3 months for the A-G evaluator.

Edited by engdude