NCAAF "Championship" - Who ya got?

Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum

Help Support Professional Engineer & PE Exam Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who is going to win the NCAAF "Championship"

• Clemson

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • LSU

Votes: 7 100.0%

• Total voters
LSU by a mile. 

In order for Clemson to win, they must play out of their minds and LSU has to constantly be battling explosive diarrhea. 

Geaux Tigers!

Would like to see Clemson lose just so their long-haired QB can feel a defeat this year.  Who wears their hair like that other than old rockers trying to bring back the 1970s?

For me It’s hard to root against Clemson - their teams are by and large a class act, some of the best fans (least annoying) in all of college football.

When they lose they will say “great game” to LSU and not find a way to blame it on the refs....

I didn't watch the game, but when I woke up this morning and glanced at ESPN...

maxresdefault.jpg

When they lose they will say “great game” to LSU and not find a way to blame it on the refs....
Kind of hard to blame the refs when they're the only reason you got there in the first place...

Ohio State bitterness aside, I'm very glad to see Burrow get the win.  I've been a fan of his for years before he transferred, and IMO, he should have been playing instead of Barrett or Fields. 

Also very happy to see douchebag Lawrence get what was coming to him.  Blowing a kiss to LSU fans after a 1 yard run?  What a little twat.  Shame he tanked the rest of the game and got his draft stock knocked down several pegs.  I kind of hope he keeps his antics/cockiness up, though.  I look forward to seeing a bunch of NFL lineman at 280 lbs+ with mid-4 second 100 yard times motivated to knock him into the next time zone when he's playing for some dumpster fire team.

lol , I am not a Clemson fan, but have several good friends who are and Ill take there fan base over any of the others that were in the CFP this year and last years)

Its not like OSU really deserved to be there this year anyways ;)

Living in the central Carolinas, I'll take just about any fan base BUT Clemson's, especially now that the Alabama fans have been humbled a bit.

I don't know that OSU didn't deserve to be there, but I'm not sure even their defense wouldn't have been torched by LSU yesterday.  Either way, I feel pretty good about Ryan Day being at the helm for at least a few years.  I just hope they're able to find some receivers half as good as the guys that are leaving, same for safeties.

I am just poking at you..

I agree that if "sunshine" runs like that is not going to last long in the NFL, especially if he has a terrible O-line

& I always try and differentiate between the Alumni fans and the "fans" -

So my dad got his BS and MS from Clemson and his MBA from LSU.  My oldest brother (OB) got his BA from LSU.  My middle brother (MB) got his BS and MBA from Clemson.  I got my BS and MS from LSU.  We all watched the Peach Bowl together and OB and I were laughing and having a grand time.  MB was meh.  During Fiesta, MB was quite flustered.  OB and I had the same thought - Clemson is not that good.  They really weren't.  MB drove in to go to the game last night and, bless his heart, he was stunned Clemson didn't win.  

Sure, Clemson has a good QB and a few other players, but they shouldn't have been in contention for the title game.  They had a weak schedule, which allowed them to pump up their stats and win every game.  

As a whole the ACC sucks bad, Big 10 is really not much better, I dont ever watch a Pac 12 game for more than a few minutes and get bored, the SEC is finally getting some competition other than Bama - but week in week out there are better match up games to watch in the SEC than any other conference.   Its funny because 20 years ago Miami and FSU were credible programs which are basically trash today..

Last edited by a moderator:
As a whole the ACC sucks bad, Big 10 is really not much better, I dont ever watch a Pac 12 game for more than a few minutes and get bored, the SEC is finally getting some competition other than Bama - but week in week out there are better match up games to watch in the SEC than any other conference.   Its funny because 20 years ago Miami and FSU were credible programs which are basically trash today..
I think the ACC and Pac 12 suck, Big 10 and SEC are more evenly matched than it seems.  SEC always has 2, maybe 3 good teams, and one standout (Alabama/LSU on top, Georgia and Auburn usually "OK").  Big 10 is the same way (OSU on top, Wisconsin, PSU, Michigan ok).  Both schools will usually have one flyer as a "good" team that year (alternate Auburn/Florida, Mich. State for Big 10 through not recently).  SEC usually seems to have two "contenders" annually to Big 10's one, though.  The SEC has just been riding the benefit of the doubt in recent years though, e.g. Alabama being preseason #1's when they really haven't been great for a few years, they just had 1-2 tough games a year, and always against other SEC schools.  Pac 12 did that for a while, until they lost benefit of the doubt.  Lets be honest, the last time a Pac 12 team had a real shot at winning anything (and I'm including the Oregon team that lost the first BCS playoff), was the Matt Leinart era... which was fifteen years ago already.

Recruiting is the biggest difference though.  The Ohio States and Alabamas of the world are always going to be "in the hunt" because they will outspend for big name coaches and reload better on recruiting, including paying out the wazoo for guys with NFL contacts/recruiting bases in other states.  Smaller budget schools like Clemson (yes, I will put them in this category comparatively), will have good recruits while they ride high for a few years off championships/winning seasons, but as soon as they get a couple 2-3 loss seasons in there and championships seem less likely, they're back on the strugglebus with good but not great recruits.  Happened to FSU, happened to Auburn, Miami, Nebraska, etc. etc.

yeah I agree with that-

I just meant in terms of sitting down to watch games there seem to be better contest to watch (in terms of a consumer, closer games) in the SEC when I am flipping through the channels, being in the "west" i have a lot of Big 10 and PAC 12 games on the TV and there just doesn't ever seem to be much to watch, not as many upsets (like SC beating UGA) - UGA will probably never win a title again btw, but maybe its just a personal bias but I dont ever find myself drawn to a Penn State Minnesota Game (Yet they keep putting them on the TV!) 

What does suck is entering the void known as no football for the next 6 months, well in 3 more weeks..

Back